Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Yeah I agree. The low ph causes crazy Nucleation. I’ve seen the more acidic mixed stabilize shatter much better. The low ph powders turn all my stuff into sugar wax every time.

1 Like

Clear seems to be easier and easier to obtain. More of a challenge I’m facing is getting a nice neon yellow that isn’t too clear or too dark.

Does anyone recommend certain amounts or powders for nice yellow slabs of some 12.5% yielding trim?

1 Like

My diamonds crashed out in 12 hrs with a low ph. So cool!!

4 Likes

try a crc powder stack of activated alumina and celite only
Also yust simple beauty salon or novel food bentonite that’s not activated
Might get you there
Every natural bentonite has diffrent property. S so yust to find the one that suits you best

1 Like

T5 only at 50g per lb

6 Likes

I’m thinking it’s time for EVERYONE to stop and do a safety ethanol test now that we know for sure how to test if powders are passing through.

Very simple test, dilute in ethanol about 4:1(some correct my ratio if wrong) Use a small tall glass w minimal surface area on bottom (easier to see powders gathering) then place on heat after dissolved. If you have cloudy of any sorts and it settles in bottom, you have powders in your mix. Fats can look like powders so when it’s hot the fats will go clear, but powders will just fall to the bottom

Take this serious guys, when in doubt, test it out

12 Likes

The client that I have gave me the material, and is paying for the experiments. He’s set on getting it water clear in one pass. I’ve definitely noticed magsil pulls all remaining color, but does reduce the terpenes.

1 Like

B80 will do the trick

2 Likes

Yes t5 mainly, small amount silica. Go fast through the filter. I don’t dewax,I just freeze everything w dry ice nitro push.

I do 1lb runs. Top to bottom 50g silica, 150g t5, de bed about 1-1.5"

Was almost black gold without crc. Looks, smells, taste, like live resin now. Lost couple Gs rerunning some stuff to get this, and some nasty smell and taste

Btw was my last run on my crc, 5th, I did remelt for last run and pushed it from my tank through the filter. Took 5 individual lbs through the same filter. Some material the same some different.

Last run was just as scrubbed as first then through it for light scrubbing

2 Likes

just t-5 (100g/lb)
Silica (50g/lb)
Celite 1”
3922g run
-82f, nitro

5 Likes

I use this same ratio and it makes it almost clear. Looks awesome !

1 Like

Damn 150g/lb. that seems crazy high. Anything I run at 100 per lb with 50g silica per lb. comes out clear or almost clear.

But I do run pretty slow. With no Nitro assist

1 Like

This I want to try. U don’t even think maybe a small amount of silica. 100 grams per 7.5 lb column

I’ve used 100g plenty times w same result…50g of t5 more and seems crazy high?

I go fast through the filter… Fast!

I’m not trying to achieve water clear. I wanted yellow!!

Before

After

3 Likes

Yeah every time I run slow my yeild seems to go up. So I started tuning it all fairly slow. Guess I’ll have to find that middle ground with running slow and still ending up yellow.

I need to research which powders remove yellows and maybe cut those down

1 Like

This was a run agh heavy alumina and silica.
Growth after 5 days. Alumina seems to be main factor.

Sorry had to double check date this picture was 6 days after seal

4 Likes

Saying I’m running fast on CRC is probably dumb to say…

It’s really slow…takes about 15-20 min to inject at… Once it fills the column things slow big time.

But I don’t have 2nd stage dewax. Nor a jacket column, so I prefreeze and go as fast as I can to not pick up fats . Bc crc will slow u down so much without jacket you will start to get fats if ur not careful

5 Likes

Yeahhh I’ve had mixed luck with fats haha

I run no dewax.
70/30 solvent at 7.5 Celsius. Or 45.5 F
Usually takes about 15 mins each column then I flush them one at a time.
Sometimes. Get lucky and no fats come through or they don’t affect my end product at least.
Powders def slow it down big time

1 Like

Believe silica is what filters yellow

3 Likes

Wich compound to lower your ph would you recomend ?
For cbd is more prone to isomerize than thc