Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

How is the consistency on that extract, is it able to be turned into shatter?

It was frozen material and thatā€™s not what Iā€™m trying to make with it. I will make one coming soon. That one will get whipped into something. Or sugar. Most likely itā€™ll sugar.

2 Likes

Wondering if og cannabis just does this color remediation with silica and doesnā€™t dewax to make his clear shatter.

His stuff definitely sugars a lot. Itā€™s not very ā€œshatteryā€ I mean I canā€™t go check, he blocked me. Haha.

Iā€™ll pour one into a slab coming soon. What pretty nifty, is it bleaches my fats, too. So my shatter could be clear.

4 Likes

Whatā€™s your take on t5 or the summit clay that Iā€™m using, with it being that cold. Would it be adsorbing any thca? Or are we getting around that by not using carbon. At least Iā€™m not.

@Photon_noir whatā€™s your take on this? Am I losing thca with these by not warming the solution then passing through?

@Dred_pirate
Both clays are bentonite based. Hot scrub is better for utilizing the absorptive properties, I donā€™t know if cold filtration would hold THCa more so than warm. T5 is more of a filter media where as Summits clay is more of a scrubbing clay. Lets consult the wizardā€¦ @Photon_noir

3 Likes

Thatā€™s at least a step in the right direction to rule out that. I didnā€™t think it was, just curious. I donā€™t think the silica would be either, hopefully.

Lol love u haggard

10 Likes

Itā€™s all love. Im just waiting to get knocked off my high horse.

16 Likes

Regardless of the brand that shape of sightglass isnā€™t that strong. Sightglasses inline with a column are subject to expansion and contraction With temp swings, this can lead to leaks. Hydraulic forces could break the sightglass if the column were to be isolated at 100% fill.
Personally iā€™d develop an ulcer if that was on anything I had to use!

9 Likes

Those sight glasses are designed to handle propane and -99c fluctuations. They cost $750 each. They were designed to handle it.

I would run that system all day, half chub.

@710ST want to chime in for a sec

5 Likes

id like to know what makes them special as well.

Once I crash some clear diamond and sauce can I ride up there with you? Lulz

5 Likes

Their thickness, type of glass, gasket material. They make them in house and arenā€™t the ones that you are able to order. Hopefully @710ST can tell us. Or @stikkyrice if he knows from when he got the system. Or Iā€™ll know in the near future when I ask Bizzy myself

2 Likes

They are certified by an engineer for 150 psi
I may be wrong but kylewranglesbeests on IG sells ones the 4" are 500 he says

1 Like

@Cryo13 that seems quite low for a propane extractor given propane can be above that pressure at room temp.

6 Likes

Itā€™s not the most optimal I agree. What was the end goal on that run and how did it turn out?

I see on bizzybeestbuilder on it he says 200psi but Iā€™m thinking the engineer only approves it to 150,
Edit: bizzy extractors look to be asme certified and they seem to have a 150psi relief valve

1 Like

I do not use pure propane, when and if i do add it to solvent mixtures.

The Bizzy sight glass is extremely solid I have used them for years in many different applications.

5 Likes

Extremely translucent. Iā€™m setting up a run right now, actually. Iā€™m not going to do any predewax scrub. Iā€™m having a bunch of pvpp hang out in the chamber, then Iā€™m going to try a different blend with less silicon for post polish.

5 Likes