Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Besides the 6" filters. I loaded celite on top to even out the flow

1 Like

The silica is the most expensive part, we are working on reuseing it.

2 Likes

Looks very nice great job :metal:

1 Like

I blended everything together this time. With the price of the silica, Iā€™m going to work on using less. As Iā€™m about to run out, too.

1 Like

You got good results with the blended powder?

I wonder how effective silica gel would be if you mixed it half n half with celite to give it more volume.

1 Like

DM me with what you pay for silica.

3 Likes

Yup doing basically the same thing. Attached a filter rig like that under a 20micron filter plate that holds my material. I pre mixed my filter media in a jar then added it all at onceā€¦ my flow rate was real solid I think there was channeling.

I was using 4ā€ filter housing for testing as I was worried about potential pressure/flow rate issues. I believe I didnā€™t have enough media for the amount of material in the column, as well as channeling from not pressing the media into a cake.

This is the impromptu jangle from yesterday.

9 Likes

I did add more of the magsil and pvpp to give me more to work with. I still want to try to just filter after Dewax, to see if I can save media that way, only use it in one place

2 Likes

Not sure what ratio you were using but I did 2 part silica, 2 part t-5, 1 part Magsil.
I did 3 tests and added another measurement per run, with the last run looking the best with the most media.

I did. I used more of the major players which I felt would cake up (clay and silica) and added more to the mix of the pvpp and magsil. And added some celit to help, too. But still used more on top to aid in flow. Iā€™m certain that helped.

3 Likes

It would be nice to skip dewax and do it inline to save time and up throughput

3 Likes

Three part clay, three silica, one magsil, one pvpp, and one and a half celite.

6 Likes

If Iā€™m dewaxing, Iā€™d do it after. Standard run I would like to use it as well.

1 Like

You think that Pvpp is a big player in that concoction of media? Itā€™s just the one thing I donā€™t have on hand.

1 Like

oh man, thats a bad place for a tubular sightglass!

7 Likes

He may mean just jacket material column and push cryo solventā€¦fast and coldā€¦I swear man I get stuff so close, but itā€™s 2" so I know after 20min to refreeze Iā€™m solidā€¦no soakā€¦

save time money and get product thatā€™s micro % different in waxā€¦maybe nano

Talking about pushing cryo solvent w N2

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a bizzy sight glass.

3 Likes

It might be. Iā€™m going to see how well it plays a role as I use less silica over the next few days

1 Like

Ah, now I see that. @stikkyrice Iā€™m not a huuuge fan of that method.

3 Likes