Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Do you just pack material on the media? I was thinking a filter plate above and below to spread out flow going in
I see bg has a sightglass inline, im really wanting to put media in a sight glass and see what i can see

2 Likes

I use a filter stack on the bottom of my material column so i can have an easier time swapping prefilled frozen columns. Between the material column/filter stack i use a 25 um screen gasket.i thought about the site glass thing but wasnt sure it it would hold up to -105f

2 Likes

Do it, just have a pressure Guage above and below to make sure you donā€™t pop

2 Likes

Pressure should be an issue, its only going to be 10 to 30 psi. Even if you inject at 50 to 80

1 Like

Ive used it inline a few times with no issue, at the temps i run, i only would have pressure if i let it sit all day, and even then i bet it gets to 50-60 psi and stopsā€¦

2 Likes

I mean for n2 assist.

3 Likes

I use those sight glasses to crystalize in, they hold up fine to the low temps.

4 Likes

I have nvr used n2. I dont run a dewax column

3 Likes

I built a miner out of 2 of them. Pressure nvr seemed to be an issue. It held fine at 150 and -30

2 Likes

N2 is not just for dewax, it is also for any sort of adsorbant/chromatography column to assist is flow rate, or to help filter speed when filtering out fats.

1 Like

I use n2 but its on the vapor side of my tank mostlyā€¦
Yea the sight i was referring to is from a miner which is considered a pressure vessel, however its not certifiedā€¦

2 Likes

Neither are any of mine, never had issues as long as their nuts are on tight

2 Likes

I have a 6inch one ot would make one hell of a cartridge haha, but i doubt that is needed for my column

2 Likes

I like the powder column to be the same size as your last column. Idk y just me being q weirdo is all

4 Likes

Yea, seems having it as part of the column produces the best results

1 Like

I havent tried it any other way

1 Like

Dred has though and he also said as a part of the column works best. No reduction etc, however i have a 4" with the showerhead that may be worth trying to have as a separate chamber

4 Likes

I think the shower head would work great spreading it out

4 Likes

I do like it right against the material. I can soak through it, I feel it helps with not channeling and flow.

5 Likes

Okay, i gotta get some powders and join the game, im done chasing distillate so i can finally focus on this

7 Likes