Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Damn that is very nice.

I am actually about to show you all that as well, I ran the same material from the same bag once with no powders and again with powders I will also run it again when I get my slica and magsli all same material should be interesting, this is quality smalls that are fresh from Late November but run extremely dark

5 Likes

Its here, testing on monday!

11 Likes

hoping the rest of my powders will be here by Wednesday. so far magnesol and millipore came in. still waiting on pvpp, t5, celite, ac and bleach with a few more filter stacks

4 Likes

I have some achromozing clay or whatever it is from summit. Think that’s the same, sorta?

1 Like

Good news internet friends! The carbon scrub worked beautifully!! All done inline one pass and really turned it into something much prettier! But I didn’t take photos I’ll take tonight when the filtered ones are done in da ovens!!!

9 Likes

nice, keep us posted!

1 Like

The carbon I used didn’t work. I don’t know what I did wrong. I think I used the wrong stuff.

2 Likes

Apparently the source of carbon used to make the activated charcoal has a very big influence on the adsorption characteristics of said charcoal.

I was wondering why carbon chemistry specified that the activated carbon they stock is produced from hardwood.

https://www.chemviron.eu/products/activated-carbon/

4 Likes

I actually used stuff I bought at a pet store, ground it up in a Neutra bullet lol I did heat my solution first, my solvent comes off the material columns into a jacketed coil that I circulated 85°f water around, actually made recovery a tad bit faster too

Wild didn’t know that

Mine was very course and gritty. I opted to not use the fine stuff, regretingly, and it didn’t work as planned

2 Likes

I need a 6x6 C.R.C

2 Likes

Has anyone used any carbon beads like this I didn’t even know they existed.

2 Likes

pm me for a quote!:sunglasses:

Thats cool, I just wrote them an inquirey! lets see how they work!

1 Like

What a guy :metal:

1 Like

Aren’t those pellets?

Mine was like fine salt

They’re spheres like 4a molecular sieves also they aren’t just carbon they are mixed with another mineral.
Apparantly much better mechanical characteristics, it’s got a much stronger structure and as a result of the stronger structure it doesn’t break up and create dust like traditional carbon pellets.

Edit: the company also claims it’s much more powerful adsorbent than traditional carbon but I highly doubt this because pure carbon is the most adsorbent material known to man, if I’ve read correctly.

4 Likes