Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

I’ve seen ppl do this…add couple filter plates and preferably a welded disk last. I use cheap ass 6" spool

3 Likes

I’ve run crc like this, works just fine.

2 Likes

Definitely will try this, my set up is rack mounted and I have a ball valve on the bottom to pour out directly into jars, so that should be easy to handle. Thank you!

Pulling fractions is they key to success. Without fractions you’ll have purified trash getting through , which is much worse smelling/tasting than the previously diluted version of the oil you put through the column.

10 Likes

16hrs after seeding. Dont get me wrong. I fiddle fucked around with this jar for 3 fucking days trying someone else’s tech that was suggested to me. Absolutely nothing, literally. So. Went back to square one with my mother liquor and ran my tek. Dropped seeds that evening and came back the next day to this beauty. It wasn’t even done yet. I was so excited to see the one in the middle because it was a choice seed. It’s the same fucking crystal. But like 20x bigger lol. So I poured it off for second crash in a smaller jar just to gawk at that beauty. I didn’t seed before. Eeeeek. I know. I didn’t have any at first or would forget to save some or forget to add em lol. Cleaning this whole jar just for seed stock.

21 Likes

Wich fraqtion is the worst smelling/tasting in your opinion ?
@murphymurri
I imagine a tower of collection pots with ball valves in between for small scale fraqtion collection or yust seperate collectiontanks for large scale
How have you solved this ??

1 Like

Curious as to how you’ve managed to separate and identify these different fractions. I’m just trying to understand how and why it’s now becoming an issue that wasn’t coming up before for us back in the spring/summer during the infancy of our crc trials and testing

3 Likes

Harry,

You dont have to identify the fractions in advance. It is fairly common in chromatography for fractions to be colorless which means you identify them after the fact, generally via analytical testing. In the case of using butane/propane, you’ll be able to evaluate the visually within a few hours based on color as well as precipitation of solids (thca, waxes etc). My goal is to pull fractions that are substantially different from each other, with minimal overlap of undesirables. I can always combine similar fractions later, or re-run muddy fractions to purify. I love chromatography because you can always get the results you want if you’re willing to put in the work. :wink:

12 Likes

Also, one reason why it may not have affected you before was if you were not rinsing the column sufficiently. It stands to reason that some of the stinky stuff like sulfur which is polar wouldn’t come out until the final fractions, which means you could avoid it simply by sacrificing some of your yield and cutting off your run early. It is not too uncommon for people to get poor flavor when they increase their yield - but this is easily resolved by collecting fractions.

4 Likes

Thank you for this! We will definitely put this knowledge to use when we get back on that horse this week once the weather agrees with us (bad storm) I appreciate the handholding and feedback!

1 Like

I have actually noticed this on accident. I have been able to pull some wild extracts running a lower amount of solvent through my column, and and recovering with maybe 70% of the solvent I usually use. Then dump a bunch more solvent through the same column, and collect the leftovers for further clean up. It seemed the majority of what I wanted was coming out of the column in the first 70%, and most of what I didnt want was coming in the last 30%…maybe the last 10% sometimes. I have separated these a few times and what I pull on the back end usually smells quite unpleasant…strain dependent…but it’s never something I think I would like to consume.

I am no expert and have no data to support this. Just my personal observations, that may relate to the expert speaking above…

2 Likes

Thought this was started in the winter. :thinking: A few of us was snowed in at least, during the worst snow we have seen in the triangle in some years running the house off of a generator, in a flooded basement, running powders. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Fun times.

10 Likes

Hello all,
I just got my 6’’ indofab CRC in this week and have been having issues removing the color.
My column is packed with 300g Bentonite, 300g T5, 200g MagSil, and 200g Silica.

The product that comes out is much greener than the un-CRC’d product with the same starting materials.

Anyone have some advice on what I might be doing wrong or which media I should try.

Attached are some pictures of the run.

1 Like

Did you bake your powders first?

Didn’t read the instructions :man_facepalming:t2: How do I know? :man_shrugging:t2: Using 2 more powders than necessary.
This really ain’t hard.

1. Read free instructions.
  2. Order said powders in the instructions.
  3. Pour powders into tube.(no walking away @cyclopath)
  4. Run as instructed.
  5. Take the white chit out of the collection.
  6. Post pictures online.
21 Likes

Hi,
Give me a call today, Lets chat and dial in your C.R.C.

9 Likes

@Soxhlet coming in with the customer service

This is why I would spend money with these fine people on this forum. They are here, on the forum, to help…too bad I’m poor as fuck lol.

12 Likes

So soaking media prior to dumping your run is crucial to getting your flow and speeds back up. Also baking media is very important for color.

I know this has all been said before. After our recent experience, I feel the need to repeat this for everyone.

Recently we upgraded our system. From inline filter on 4” column running 5#s at time to rack mounted 2-6”x48” running 15#s at time. After the switch over the filter would get clogged and slow everything down. So after some rereading, we decided to do the presoak. We never had to do this before with the in-line setup.(I’m not sure why) We basically dropped enough gas to see it drop through the filter then close off and open the column to the filter line. After doing this it was a world of difference in flow and speed.

Hope everyone can take from our experience. Thank you all for all you have provided and most of all thank future for creating this forum.

2 Likes

Honestly I’ve had a lot of test results come back from a number of labs that used acetone to clean the testing equipment when I don’t have it in my facility and I used propane exclusively for extractions that touch no powders, for a couple years now. It’s worth looking into that as well, just to cover your bases. What lab produced the acetone results?

I’ve had a couple runs come out with a greenish hue using just t5. Redissolved and ran it thru a fresh column of t5 and it came out peach-ish as expected.

From my experience it seems that the t5 catches lots of blue/greens/grays. T5 also seems to let the lighter compounds come thru first followed by the heavier compounds. I have isolated near pure terpenes using just t5.

It seems like once the T5 has been fully saturated with blue/green pigments it lets the blue/green pigments into the collection which taints the whole solution.

I do not know for sure if this is what is happening but it seems to make sense based off my experience. Any thoughts?

1 Like