Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Well it sounds like you need more adult lego pieces before you’re able to really give this a good try.

If you pay attention to this thread in the coming weeks I’ll be testing the feasibility of using hot/pressurized solvent gas to extract from biomass, if it works like how I’m thinking it will then it’s going to allow people to use a material column with a capacity that exceeds the collection chambers capacity.

Which means small systems like yours can be adapted without much extra money being spent.

5 Likes

Youe question is appropriate but nobody could have guess all that from your initial comment.

Details please, what solvent did you use to run the extract through the filter column.

Yeah I used 2 filter plates with those items mixed into both. I had about (6) 11 micron filters in place. It was an odd result. I placed it in the oven at night and then the next morning I went to check on it and all the bubbles were the same size as when I first put it in. Weird

Maybe redissolve and filter over celite

Should a new thread be started in this direction? Sop’s are gettin dialed in with cold runs. Start a new one with warm runs? Really get to the bottom of the CRC Tek in every aspect?

3 Likes

Did you pull vac on your oven? And what temp were you pulling vac?

Are you looking for this thread?

2 Likes

I’ll probably start another thread when I start trying this if someone doesnt have one up by then for me to add to.

4 Likes

Yo yo yooo

Finally got to play around with this and I gotta say something I’m really gonna tinker with, my solvent/oil mixture straight from the material column was heated to 75°F and filtered through my 6x6 spool which was packed as Dred recommended, amounts were a guesstimate.

(Milpore)Celite 1cup
(Small bag off amazon) Activated alumina 1.33 cups
(Milpore) silica 60 1 cup
(Carbon chemistry) t5 1 cup
(Carbon chemistry) t-41 1 cup
(Milpore) Celite 1.33 cups

Then filtered through a 1um filter sock.
Everything was packed with a 1in rod then once all layers were in place I pressed with a hydraulic press until I felt it was pressed enough(I don’t have a pressure gauge unfortunately on it) I did have a top end cap machined down to filt prefectly in the spool (would be useful for a hydraulic ram for packing columns…) these are roughly 3600g runs.
First run came out pretty decent, second run I opened the valve to the filtering chamber before the solvent was at the valve and caused it to rush in all to quickly and distroyed the nice pack job.
Material used would run very dark amber brown.
Photos
First run Uploading: 38CD6D4C-CB20-49FC-88F5-C4698C4C6EC1.jpeg…

Second run

Uploading: 13EE4533-3D1D-41B7-87B9-721F2E1C1C99.jpeg…

Filter cake

Activated alumina layer

I did not take many photos as my layers were quite mixed up so it was hard to define each. today I will be running it again in the same order plus the magsol I forgot about but minus the celite on top as I don’t have enough filter plate rings. I noticed it did not catch all of the browner tints any ideas?

4 Likes

Your pics didn’t fully upload. Did it not get everything? Try not running so hot. You are doing runs bigger than I am. I do roughly 2100g (yesterday’s runs) and I use those measurements. Try going 50% more media

6 Likes

Will do I was gonna bump up the measurements
Do you think the heat is counter productive? I thought filtering warm was ideal?
First run

Secound

2 Likes

The runs look good. Definitely use more media. I run cold solvent and have been getting clear and bright yellow shatter

5 Likes

Oh whoa whoa no, I run -75c no stall just a long flesh over material, it’s then heated in a jacketed condenser coil once it comes off the material column

Definitely try more media. In doing 2100~g gram runs and that how much I use. Use half as much more. 1.5x what I do.

2 Likes

Do you use that much for two tubes? Or just a single run?

You stalled in a dewax and heated?

Single run

1 Like

No. This is just a standard trim run. Which has a lot more to stop

Yesterday’s trim run

31 Likes

Gawd dayum drooling

5 Likes

I think stalling in a dewax column would use less powders. Mine didnt turn out as clear as some i seen. I believe a no stall would require more powders to get it as clear.

Ill be posting final %, taste, potency of each diffent run i did when itcomes out of the oven tomorrow or the next day.

1 Like