In search of a 10/12l spd.. whatcha got?

Agree send me a pic.

I’m on the opposite end of the country and would rather get my groups investment back and consider a more continuous style of distillation. The shear size of this size batch system is scary enough let alone all the other imperfections I’m dealing with.

2 Likes

Oh come on fam… don’t you know by now… you wouldn’t have any issues with my 12-22 liter forward compatible automated systems except one issue, where to put all that amazing distillate…

3 Likes

Did you know I could set you up with a discharged spd?

Fam is running one right now.

1 Like

O I know

If the glass is improperly made, once under heat and vac, your at a great risk of an implosion due to the improperly made glass.

Its compromised before it even gets put to use.

1 Like

Hey would you guys say that it’s critical to have a clip to hold the head to boiling flask? I do. Please post some issues you think could arise from not having this feature. Thanks. Gosh I’m so let down with this design.

You aren’t supposed to have any clips on the rbf or head

2 Likes

Clips can melt and honestly shouldn’t be relied on to hold this sort of system together. Does the connector not hold itself together well? Whats the issue you are seeing?

1 Like

hmmmm… I was thinking metal keck type. This style of head doesn’t rest on the rbf as the condenser is so heavy. Seems really unsafe,I’ve never dealt with a head this big before so maybe it’s common? To be condenser heavy and fall out of the rbf without massive support? All my other heads just nest into the rbf and sit. But I’ve only dealt with upto a 5l before… is this how it is with big heads with long condensers guys? Feels sketchy.

I dunno, still got the sketchy jacket barb, and a few other issues. @goldleaf_scientific did send a replacement auxiliary condenser today along with his new ptfe adapter for the head. Got it to me quick and I appreciate that.

1 Like

You’re right I didn’t think of a metal clip.

Can you post some photos? Most heads will lean with the condenser to some degree if you don’t have the proper support, some setups need support on the condenser itself.

Metal especially will damage and break the joint.
Anyone who gives you a metal clip and says to put it on a taper joint on a boiling flask is not very smart.

You should have never been instructed to do so. Keck clips made from plastic are good for back end connections. Metal Keck clips on booking flask joints aren’t a great idea.

1 Like

I think you may have a support issue and balance issue.

All short paths stay sealed without clips. Clips are used to initially seat everything. Once under vacuum you should need zero clips anywhere but on a discharge flask. And then that’s redundant.

1 Like

I’m stupid then cus I use metal keck clips.

I looooove redundancy

You will cause uneeded risk and liability of damage or injury. Just go without.

I’m gonna try and post the best pic of the issue with the jacket seal I can and if you guys think it looks ok I’ll dry test the still and report my findings. Thanks for your input all who’ve contributed @Badcookieextracts, @RockSteady, @Demontrich, @AlexSiegel, @spdking

Now @goldleaf_scientific is going to charge me a 20% restocking fee for returning a still that he sent with jacked up pieces, and a faulty design. How the hell is that logical? If anyone can help me navigate these waters better please dm me. I feel so letdown from @goldleaf_scientific and now he’s attempting to strong arm me into this purchase. I need help from someone more versed in retail law please?

Here’s some pix on my phone. I’ll take more when I get to the lab… curious on thoughts…

Does this look like a good way to mate the head and rbf to you? This is the second adapter @goldleaf_scientific sent. I can post a pic of the first one too if any interest.

Here’s my cell phone. 4083487264. You know I will treat you well fam.