Importance for Internal Coil on Collection Pot for Vapor Generation

Does having a coil on the inside of your collection pot make that much of a bigger deal for vapor generation? If it is that important would anyone even consider using a solvent tank without a bottom pour spout as a collection pot which then you would have to push the extracts through a dip tube into a separate pot or as your pour-off spout?

I think it would…and different folks for different folks…the people who build them often don’t extract….

Different strokes for different folks

1 Like

Hahah🤪
I knew that…I guess I wasn’t paying attention

it IS more surface area.

3 Likes

It is very effective, much better heating the inside than just the out side edge

So would you use that tank for a collection pot knowing that there is not a bottom pour spot and that you would need to push through a dip tube into a separate collection pot? Like, use that pot to remove most of the gas then push with vapor through the dip tube to empty out the pot for final collection in a separate pot.

When i did it yes i used the same pot with a pour spout and s coil and it worked great. I use lines to move solvent/oil not dip tubes, its easy enough with a spout

In my solvent tank that has an internal coil, it doesn’t have a bottom pour spout. So that is what becomes the challenge do I still use it anyway because the coil is that much more beneficial than having a collection pot with a pour spout that you can work around not having that pour spout till we can get another tank with one and internal coil.

Adding a coil is easy…

Two bored through Swagelok fittings added to your lid and you’re good to go.

Much easier than adding a pour spout to a jacketed tank.

You can absolutely run your evaporator (collection) without an internal coil. I’ve personally run a Mk III terpenator, a 2016 PX1, an ETS MEP, and a Luna IO in production; none of those have coils in the evaporator…neither does BHOgart.

I’ve also run an Iron Fist EX-40 and a 710snob SX-40 which did run heated coils… I’ve chosen to add coils to both solvent tanks and collection pots on machines I’ve assembled, and added pour spouts too…

Personally I’d go with a pour spout. then add coils when I could afford it…

3 Likes