I'm starting to suspect that there is no such thing as CDT that actually smell like cannabis flower

Oh, at $60 a mL? Is that the dividing line? I spend $30 a mL and get something that doesn’t even taste like cannabis, but if I spend $60, then I get the real thing? I mean, if that’s the reality, I can accept it… but I’m just trying to figure out what is going on in this market.

I guess the next logical thing for me to try is terpenesraw at $60/mL. At this point I have little hope at all that when I crack the lid on those and sniff them, they’ll smell any more like cannabis that any of theothers I’ve tried so far. Should I try them?

I don’t really mean to disparage anyone here, but I’m getting really tired of wasting money and finding that people’s descriptions are miles away from the reality, to my nose at least.

That’s just silly to do with a concentrate. Mix it up properly with distillate and taste them. You’ll get a much more accurate profile.

15 Likes

You think true terpenes will be better than CDT’s? I’ve tried a lot of these and they all suck.

14 Likes

No, no specific cultivar. I just want it to smell like any cannabis at all. You know how good concentate/hash oil smells and tastes? Again, I’ll use the example of Raw Garden products… like that. I’m looking for something that will smell and taste even vaguely like that, because that’s the smell and taste of real cannabis.

I only want something that when I mix it in with shatter that has poor flavor, it will both boost the taste (like real cannabis), and dilute it slightly so that it will work in a pen. That’s all I want.

I also was disappointed in theirs. Tastes like ass :confused:

3 Likes

Did you come here from Reddit? Honest question.

13 Likes

Me? I use Reddit, but I don’t know what you mean by come here “from” Reddit. I use a lot of forums and sites. I actually don’t remember where I heard of this forum, but it may indeed have been Reddit. I can’t remember. But I heard that it was where to find the most current info about people doing business in cannabis-derived terpenes, so here I am trying to find some of those that meet my expectations. I’m starting to think that my expectations far exceed what is actually happening in the field. Now, if that’s the reality, that’s not a problem, I can accept that… but I can’t tell what is reality here and that’s why I’m bitching.

Ok so you want the taste of autoflowers from… Mephisto I think? This is why we gotta push back against consolidation in the industry.

1 Like

I’m not into distillate and don’t care about distillate. I’ve got two big sheets of reddish shatter that got left a bit too long (by a grower friend, not me) in the vac oven and has good potency but poor flavor. It also won’t work in a cartridge, so I’m looking for something that will both dilute it enough to work in a cartridge and improve the flavor. Nothing I’ve tried so far would improve the flavor at all. I can tell immediately when I sniff a product whether I would want that crossing my taste buds every time I take a hit. Can’t you all tell that too? So, if someone sells me cannabis-derived terpenes, allegedly distilled out of some cannabis flower, and then I go to sniff it and it smells nothing at all like cannabis, then I don’t know what is going on but it’s not useful to me.

1 Like

hording the poison huh>>> joking

2 Likes

Wait, I dropped the wrong name. Apologies. I meant terpenesraw, or whatever the company is that is affiliated with the guy here named Betroit. Those are the $50-60 per mL ones, right?

My next move, if I decide to keep going, would be to try something at that price tier to see if means anything at all. But I’m very reluctant after my experiences so far. Can anyone tell me a convincing reason that Betroit’s products would have any more recognizeable cannabis flavor than anyone else’s? Is there any reason for me to risk another $60 on this search?

The reason I asked is you show up here 9 days ago to complain about a vendor who has only gotten high reviews and offered to make it up to you.

F4200 is primarily manufacturers and businesses in the cannabis space. Reddit might be more your speed looking at your posts here.

10 Likes

Extraction methods really make a difference when comparing terpenes. That is the biggest reason. If the method looses those volatile terps it really changes the profile.

1 Like

There is every reason…

Give @Betroit a go

The suver you tried from fatdog while I really enjoy them personally are not the same as CDTs they are hemp derived.

The terps linked by qma above are banging as well go for the OG not the bgrade. The bgrade IMO has a bit of that hempy hay taste which it seems like ur trying to avoid

3 Likes

So you’ve only ever smelled the hemp derived “CDT” your dissing?

Never tasted them correctly diluted?

You’ve been told a couple of times that sniffing the bottle is not the right approach.

I’m not going to claim “nobody can”, because maybe some can, but the general consensus from a bunch of pros playing this game is that “no, you can’t tell by huffing terps straight from the bottle what they will taste like at 5%”

I guess this makes sense if they are all from the same pollen chucker as @SISU suggests , but imo calls into question your sniffer…those are not all created equal.

8 Likes

Classic statement. Lol

8 Likes

I was born in 72. Op gotta be ancient lol

8 Likes

Distilled cannabis terpenes RARELY smell like flower, I’ve distilled at least 100 different cannabis strains and maybe 5 of them smelled like the flower.

HTE on the other hand… dank.

17 Likes

Yes 100%, I was just saying this to OP in a private thread (we’re cool now lol)

That and hemp is 50%myrcene or higher so HTE from THC strains are the best /most realistic smelling

3 Likes