I'm starting to suspect that there is no such thing as CDT that actually smell like cannabis flower

I bought some Fat Dog Terpenes (“Suver”) and when it arrived this morning I was totally disappointed, AGAIN, that it smelled nothing like cannabis at all. I’m starting to waste a lot of money on trying things that I see positively reviewed here. I’m starting to think all the positive reviews here are planted.

They sent an “analytical test report” with the product, but it had no information on the composition of the product’s terpenes… it only showed that there was no cannabinoids in it. Big deal, that should be true of all of them. I’d like to know what terpenes are allegedly in it. Actually I don’t care really, I just wonder if I can return it and get my money back.

I also recently bought a gram of allegedly full-spectrum CBD concentrate called “Fruit Salad” from Asheville Extracts after reading rave reviews of how “real” they smell, and when it came it smelled terrible, not at all like fruit, like cannabis bud (hemp or not), or like cannabis at all, frankly.

I’m looking for terpenes that smell and taste basically like what any/all of Raw Garden’s live resin smells and tastes like: Very cannabis-like, sharp, grassy, citrusy, spicy. Like POT, okay? I’m looking for cannabis-derived terpenes that actually smell like cannabis. Is it possible? Please tell me, and please don’t tell me any lies.

7 Likes

concentrated terpenes will not smell like the flower… they’re too concentrated…

27 Likes

yeah it IS a big deal…they can’t be shipped without that!!

no, not all terpene preps are cannabinoid free.

5 Likes

Okay, but they should at least smell remotely like cannabis, you know? Nothing I’ve encoutered yet has. As a result, I’m beginning to suspect that it’s not possible.

I don’t care if it smells green or grassy—in fact, that’s what I want. I want something that I can add to my homemade shatter that will both make it work in a pen and make it taste better (and by “better” I mean more like pungent hash oil). I want something that will make it taste like a dry/unlit hit on a joint of some slightly immature homegrown. Is it possible?

1 Like

Hemp terps are just not there yet, I had a vendor send me some terps that were processed phenomenally and I was amazed by clarity/viscosity but it still sucked(way rather fuck with fake terps.)

Like I said I don’t think it’s the processurs I just think hemp ain’t anywhere near thc dominant strains in terms of flavor, im sure there are exceptions I have yet to try

1 Like

you list two flavors of HEMP derived terpenes. while I would argue the hemp IS cannabis, most here would tell you those are different critters.

6 Likes

You can make cannabis derived terps that smell and taste identical. You just need to use the correct hardware.

8 Likes

Well the reason for that is that I’ve read lots of comments from people indicating that hemp buds can often have all the same aromas and terpenes as drug-strain cannabis. I had my doubts, and now your comment seems to confirm this.

I’m a huge advocate for Fat Dog Terps. I give them two thumbs up.

My favorite blend is 75% hemp terps, 25% botanical terps. It’s a complex taste and aroma profile. I’ve never gotten any complaints.

7 Likes

at 5% in distillate sure. not straight from the damn bottle. are you sure your Suver doesn’t smell like Suver? Or does it simply not smell like Gorilla Glue?

6 Likes

I don’t even know what “Suver” is, I assume it’s a strain of hemp or something. I just wanted it to smell like cannabis. It doesn’t. Not even similar.

they can, when bred to do so (and diluted appropriately). does your GG4 smell like Tange? why then would your Suver?!?

3 Likes

I don’t care about strains… my expectations seem like they’re pretty damn low: I just wanted it to smell like cannabis. Any cannabis. It doesn’t.

are you just huffing them straight from the bottle?

have you diluted them at 5-8% in clean distillate and tasted them?

what are you comparing to? have you ever tasted a cart that tasted like cannabis? what was in it? if it was distillate and terpenes, then clearly there are CDT that taste like cannabis.

5 Likes

Have you tried reaching out to the supplier about a return? Seems like that should be your first step and the part where you say you “wonder” makes me believe you havent even tried yet.

Why bitch about it here first. Maybe get some guidance from the person that processed them and they can probably guide you better than anyone here.

11 Likes

why dont hemp terps perform like canna terps

Try canna terps then

https://logistics.farm/shop/terps/tahoe-steam-stilled-essential-oil-b-grade/

https://logistics.farm/shop/terps/og-steam-stilled-essential-oil/

8 Likes

There is no such thing as a “cannabis” smell. Suver smells like cannabis from a specific region in Africa IMO. Do you have a specific cultivar’s profile you want replicated?

6 Likes

Fat Dog CBD here. We only send the first page of our 13 page COA because that’s where it says below 0.3% THC and paper is heavy. The rest is available on our website for all our terps and other products.

I have already told OP (new user with very little read time) in a private email I’m happy to refund their 1ml purchase… if anybody else want’s to try the worst terps this guy has ever tried we are still doing 42% off for future users with the code “THEYFORGOTABOUTFATDOG”. Make sure you spend -over- $10 to get free shipping. A lot of you have been sleeping on the new sour lifter and sour special sauce which have less myrcene and more beta-c and terpinoline than other hemp terps!

Happy to answer and and all questions and concerns about our product/s.

ROSECITY_1910124-01-2.PDF (145.8 KB)

25 Likes

Yes, my objective here is to get anywhere close to the taste of Raw Garden. Ever had any of Raw Garden’s concentrates, especially their live resins and sauces? They may sell 25 different “strains,” and I’ve tried at least 10 of them, but they all smell and taste the same as each other—but totally delicious, and totally real. I don’t know what they’re doing, and what strains they may or may not really be using, but everything they sell smells and tastes outrageously good. And the reason they’re so delicious is that they are very real.

I’ve been a cannabis user since 1975 or so, so you might say I’ve had the time and experience to figure out what cannabis really tastes like… and none of these botanical terpenes, and so far alleged cannabis-derived terpenes either, are even getting close.

I’m gonna venture a wild guess and say the reason op isn’t finding what he’s looking for is the same reason I’m never impressed with CDT’s. The Terpenes I like are by far the most volatile evaporating easily at room temp, and very hard to capture. This is why you don’t find any funky skunky CDT’s.

20 Likes