I'm out nitrogen and have 5lbs to runs rack. Mounted

That’s actually cubic feet per hr…which makes sense if you’re just leaking it to create an inert atmosphere, but doesn’t tell you a whole lot if you’re trying to push with it.

And he should use his N2 regulator which is already “hosed up” to connect to his system.

2 Likes

Weird. The argon regulators I’ve seen wouldn’t put out more than 50psi.

1 Like

It’s a flow regulator in my case. Pretty sure it also regulates pressure. 50psi would not be unreasonable. But it’s not because there is any problem using argon at higher pressures, more that an orrifice with 1.5kpsi on one side and 15psi on the other isn’t gonna regulate flow worth a shit (as that 15kpsi drops…)

1 Like

Hi @StoneD ,
does your n2 reg fit the argon tank? If not remove the stem and nut from the welding flowmeter and swap them with the ones on the argon flowmeter. You should be able to hook up that way! :+1:

Sorry @cyclopath accidently replied to you!

4 Likes

Helium is a great gas to use. It stays ambient temp.

My first nitro push was with a argon flow meter/regulator from my tig welder. It got me about 60 PSI. I imagine a flow meter style would top out at 50psi…or in my case 60psi.

2 Likes

I’ve gone past the last notch on the speedometer, as well

1 Like

probably pulling vacuum on the nitrous tank too :wink:

1 Like

I though helium could create leaks bc its so tiny

1 Like

certainly make them more obvious…probably won’t take hash or hydrocarbons along for the ride though.

How is it smaller?
Just cause it’s lighter doesn’t mean it’s smaller. The fact that you can flow a full tank and not have it cool down helps purge as well as push.

it is tiny. used for leak detection in vacuum systems because of that.

although Kinetic diameter - Wikipedia suggests NH3 has the same kinetic diameter.

edit: and we’re running out of He. please save it for things we can obtain no other way…at least till we figure out how to make more.

apparently the 'rona has had some positive effects… Cookie Absent

2 Likes

Helium is the second lightest atom.
Helium atoms do not combine into molecules. That is why it is called an inert gas, which consists of free atoms.
It’s size is temperature related. It’s weight is constant

agreed.

where is anyone saying they do?
or that it’s weight changes?
or?!?

1 Like

how come it leaks out of mylar ballons? (asked of the all knowing one)

Helium balloons deflate because helium atoms are small enough to slip between spaces in the balloon material. Helium balloons are Mylar and not rubber because there is less space between the molecules in Mylar, so the balloon stays inflated longer.

1 Like

Why does argon take so long to purge out it just kept building pressure at -50 to -70c i was shocked was so much

O its gotta be bat ahit cold

we weren’t supposed to discuss that solution in public :shushing_face:

1 Like

I should have left it at 40psi it pushes so hard i cranked her to 100psi a few times hazardous mistake so that won’t happen again

Why do the 40psi hang around so long its like its mixing w the tane pane solution