im almost ready for distillation...Thanks to everyone here.

Cows are not recommended in general
But once you try to catch minor s
Or cbn you can make tightertraqtions
I use all 4 yust to catch tails
For cbn

1 Like

@Roguelab

Its all trial an error for me until i get a few runs in and get comfortable with what i have to work with. Im sure ya cant have too much glass and extras. Looking forward to showing off the glass i get, putting my own special touch on it.

1 Like

The less water the better. Be far more efficient.

1 Like

@WolfeXtracts

So dont use the 2nd cold trap??

1 Like

For sure use both cold traps

2 Likes

@Slabby

More have said go than notā€¦we are a go, and it can always be removed if it poses an issueā€¦

Thanks for everyones input

2 Likes

It will only hurt if you apply the vac grease wrong or the wrong grease.
Leaks are bad. But if its set up right 2 traps is always better then one hands down.
Anybody that disagrees hasnt ran multiple coldtraps clearly

2 Likes

Nah brotha definitely use both traps. When I say less water I mean if you only have a 2 gallon container it will heat quicker and be less of a pain then a 5 gallon. Of course 5 gallons are readily available and you could simply fill it half way!

3 Likes

Grease temp probe/bf, bf/head
Distillate on head/cow, cow to 3 or 4 rf

1 Like

@Demontrich @Slabby

Much love and respect, i appreciate thatā€¦

@WolfeXtracts
Water as in for the sous vide??

1 Like

Yessir

1 Like

Good luck, have fun!

1 Like

Nice grab for $80
Buchi HB 140

Came with a 100ml BF but ill definitely get a bigger one

2 Likes

Just an updateā€¦

My custom SPD set up has just arrived from @david
I could not be more happy with the service, i will inspect every piece and report back.

I had him bake my logo onto every piece of glass.

6 Likes

How much did David charge you for your set up? I was thinking about snagging a 2l to mess around with. I have one of his 5l set us but Iā€™ve heard he raised his prices since then

1 Like

About 1300, i went direct through him and i got full bore, hes on ebay but wanted to avoid feesā€¦thats pretty reasonable considering everywhere else i checked.

Ouch. God damn thats insane. I paid 500. 5l full bore with the extra large cold trap

500 for what? Just the glass?

1 Like

I cant see how thats insane, i havenā€™t seen anything of quality for less than 1k, i also got 2 cold traps. This was for the full set up not just glass.

how long did it take to get here from the day you placed your order with david? Thinking about buying a setup from him as well