Illegal extractors and a Rico case?

I asked my homie who told me about this, we will see if he knows

1 Like

Maybe the FBI hacked dreamhost? LOL

4 Likes

Possibility

Shit like that used to happen back in the early days of overgrow and Icmag

2 Likes

Has any law enforcement agency ever requested account information from you?

1 Like

I’ve always wondered if this forum was a “honey pot”. I believe it would be very hard get in trouble for posting that you are performing an illcet activity with out some sort of cooroberating evidence. The website owner and host could share information about someone that could help law enforcement build a case though. Also I see a lot of people posting photos which probably include all the exif data and that could easily lead law enforcement or someone with ill intentions to your location.

2 Likes

The guy who caught the case my friend said was in WV

1 Like

This is part of trend of people trying to bring RICO suits under federal law. For instance in Oregon recently someone brought a suit on the basis that their neighbors weed farm hurt their property values, and they named all the 200+ companies that had done business with them as co-conspirators. That case, I believe, was thrown out recently. Hopefully none of these go anywhere.

6 Likes

I dont really see how anything on this website could lead someone to think its some kind of racket.

They can certainly catch you from the shit u post on here but a RICO case is not how they would do it.

2 Likes

I would suggest the use of a VPN for all online activies and a metadata scrubber for any posted photos. If you do not follow best-practices for any and all online activities (legal or otherwise), then your data is getting pwned. It is a reasonable suspicion to assume that the website outage was an outright attack by a government authority or an any-hat hacker. Cryptology has been written by the people, for the people. Use it!

11 Likes

Its easy, we all came together and collectively came together and created an SOP that is being used by unlicensed extractors(ie clear tech).
It’s like someone i know that sold a plane to some guys that used it to do something illegal. Since he was aware of what they where going to do with the plane he got 5yrs. At the end of the day they have bigger fish to fry and live by the 95% rule.

4 Likes

Most of these RICO cases have been initiated as private lawsuits not by the police. Certain lawyers have been egging people on to file these and they don’t really care if they are plausible because they’re getting their legal fees anyway. As far as I know not one of them has actually resulted in anything yet and several have been rejected. Correct me if i’m wrong.

1 Like

Correct, i would be more worried about a conspiracy charge than a rico.

6 Likes

Technically we didn’t create anything. We simply discussed the value of a preexisting concept to this industry and showed some raw data on preliminary research into its effectiveness in implementation.

Even the fashion in which it is being employed is likely more than just similar to the fashion in which it is employed in other oil industries.

My understanding of law isn’t always iron clad or anything, but conspiracy doesn’t seem to hold up to me.

It isn’t the responsibility of the members or the moderators to verify the legal status and/or intent of each member and each post. We have the luxury of reasonably concluding anyone requesting information is doing so for research purposes only, and as such has no intentions of attempting anything illegal, or is licensed to do so. Just as we have the luxury of reasonably concluding that someone requesting information on repairing a vehicle doesn’t secretly intend to use that information to damage a vehicle, or someone learning self defense isn’t learning it to intentionally harm others.

10 Likes

Sure, you don’t have to justify anything to me my bro.

1 Like

To bee completely open, this website is hosted on ‘the cloud’. I don’t care how much technical knowledge you may have (opsec), the takeaway is just assume ‘LEO knows who posted what, when, where and how’. Think about it, who provides your Internet (house, phone, laptop)? Comcast, Verizon, ATT, T-mobile, have all been known to record all user data and provide federal and state LEO with that user data. VPN companies world wide have been subverted proving that method of privacy to be shaky.

For the record I have never given up account information and have run the site in the most secure way (to an end users personal data) I know how. This includes encrypting passwords, encryption of site data at rest, GNU/Linux(OS) hardening, network security and I have never and will never sell or give user data of any kind to anyone (unless you post it publicly). This includes not hosting ads, which have a way of exposing users. I have never received an order from a LEO of any kind, nor am I a LEO. I have removed all account related info for any user in all backups and active databases upon request. We do the best we can to use secure login methods and data practice.

This is not an anonymous decentralized discussion board capable of diverting high level censorship using peer-to-peer technology. This is a centralized online forum for sharing information, protected under the 1st amendment and many similar US state laws, hosted in the US.

This is an amazing community with knowledgeable and humble users, I would give my left nut to see us actively use something secure and censorship free. If 10% of users dedicated 15 gigs of storage space and some bandwidth and exist as their own hosting company this would be the most legit thing ever. idk how to make it happen tbh, open to suggestions (ZeroNet, IPFS, GNUnet over I2p/tor?)

We allow connections over TOR(exit nodes) and known VPN nodes. If you EVER have an issue accessing this site let me know. TOR server wouldn’t be hard, I just worry about finding or creating the appropriate secure hosting.

… Callin me a “honey pot”, thems fightin words.

We run on open source software across the board. Always open to suggestions.

50 Likes

I feel like people have never seen weed forums before? The old ones aren’t active and some are gone but they are, to me, what propelled this industry to what it is today. It’s always been a risk but this plant makes amazing things, it would be a disservice not to share them.

3 Likes

I had a good laugh at this :joy::joy:

17 Likes

:rofl::rofl: same here.

8 Likes

https://dnsleak.net/

I encourage everyone to find out where their internet requests are going and what they include.

linking EFF

Based ^

9 Likes