Icariin - A promising treatment for various cancers, neurological diseases, and more, and a possible treatment for my uncle

@anon56994712 @qma

Daniel told me today that they have DK30 in stock, and DK40 is a 1-2 week lead time. @anon56994712, have you emailed Daniel to ask him what’s up? LMK if you want is email address.

Thank you for your concern. We are already handling it

This is not a food safe part

2 Likes

Not food safe? Do you mean due to a lack of sanitary connections, metals, or something else?

If sanitary connections are your concern, I agree it’s a bummer they didn’t use tri-clamp ferrules, but AFAIK that doesn’t make it unsafe for food per the FDA. It means increased CIP times and time spent breaking down the unit for cleaning, sanitization, and maintenance. It’s true certifications like cGMP aren’t possible without replacing the barbed hose fittings for the process liquid ports with sanitary fittings, and HACCP compliance would be an issue. But post-processing methods, including sterile filtration and pasteurization, deal with microbial safety hazards.

Finding a welder skilled in stainless steel work can be difficult. But not impossible by any means.

1 Like

Stay away from the DK40. It’s a disaster!!!

We were the exclusive CAT distributor for over 20 years, and the DK40 has always been problematic.

Sometimes CAT uses substandard stainless steel when manufacturing the DK40

Instead of paying a qualified welder CAT hires students from Turkey and Russia to perform these tasks!!!

1 Like

@Ralf i have a dk30 in hand now, getting my jug welded this week should have a nice 40 liter batch running sometime soon

2 Likes

We have X1740’s + DK40’s in stock and ready to ship. We have G20V+F shafts in stock as well. As Cat scientific pointed out the manufacturer’s main focus is not lab equipment and tend to let a lot slip through the cracks. You can get it cheaper buying directly through them but if anything goes wrong you’ll be SOL. Best case scenario is you ship it back to Germany on your dime, then wait weeks for them to maybe fix it. We can fix all of the homogenizers we sell and we usually carry parts in stock or pull them from other inventory and complete the repair within 1-3 business days. We aren’t just a distributor, we are also a manufacturer and have the ability to change or improve units from the factory. The DK40 for example we can make food grade. We also have jacketed reactors, beakers, and lots of other equipment that goes along with these homogenizers. Future4200 member also receive a nice discount.

Again, stay away from the DK40, and especially @goldleaf_scientific! Ryan has not a clue how to even operate the device. He has several DK40’s in stock and needs to get rid of them, even at a loss. He’ll happily lie to you about the devices flaws and will leave you holding the bag.

Substandard Stainless Steel, rusting after 1st run! But don’t worry @goldleaf_scientific will be there for you!

Students from Russia & Turkey perform the welding on the DK40. But don’t worry @goldleaf_scientific will be there for you.

1 Like

There ended up being some hesitation after it was brought up to his doctors who were mostly indifferent towards the approach, citing a lack of research. Now after not getting the results hoped for with the current treatment, they’re fully on board with moving forward as long as none of the ingredients are explicitly unsafe along with his other medications, and we can still ask the doctor / pharmacist about that. So, we’d like to continue moving ahead as quickly as possible.

- Next Steps -

(not in any particular order)

Sourcing 98% icariin

I'm still looking for a good source. I'm hoping liftmode will lend a helping hand with the icariin as they have stock in the US and shipping from china takes time, plus we'd have to verify each vendors product... I've just reached out to liftmode about whether they would like to help but besides that, @QBD420 do you have a reliable source?

Gathering other ingredients

Icariin, organic high oleic sunflower oil, glycerol, saponins from type 2 quillaia extract powder, and possibly a small amount of deoiled sunflower lecithin. Are these all readily available and easy to source within the US?

Hardware

It seems there’s at least a few people who will help with the NE, so I think we’re good as far as equipment goes.

Formulation

I know you would need to work on the formulation @Ralf, but what do you need to get that done and is there anything I can do to help?
2 Likes

I’m by no means an expert on NEs, but I’ve made em, got an idle sonicator and would love to help family. If I can be of help, gimme a ring! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Edit—
Solved with a quick google search. Sometimes I forget to check there first :sweat_smile:

@Ralf @anon56994712 @MedicineManHempCo
Tagging you guys cause y’all got the knowledge and equipment.

LiftMode came through with a discount. We’ll be purchasing 100-200 grams in the next 24-48 hours with the fastest shipping available. My uncle is starting a second round of Gemcitabine treatment in ~1.5-2 weeks and Icariin has shown to be synergistic with it (source) so we’re really hoping the product can be ready by then. Lets make it happen.

@anon56994712 / @MedicineManHempCo Since you both have the equipment, I can have the Icariin shipped directly to either one of you if you’re available to make the product.

@Ralf Can you let me know exactly what will be needed for a “good enough” formulation that Tom / MedicineMan can make as well as provide them with the instructions to accomplish it (if he is in fact available)? I’ll order the ingredients with the fastest shipping method available as soon as I know what to get

It'd be so exciting if we could get this done before his next round of Gemcitabine treatment begins, and I can only imagine the ripple it would create if it turned out successful. If anyone else wants to extend a helping hand we'll take any we can get. I believe LiftMode has already tested their Icariin (waiting on COA), but regardless, analytics would be great (@kcalabs?).
1 Like

Can Icariin help with prostate cancer?

1 Like

It s defenatly a compound I would have a patient take on the daily

1 Like

I think there were some studies on it with prostate cancer too, google is your friend. I’ll take a look myself later today :slight_smile:

Does anyone happen to have another contact method for Ralf? He hasn’t been online since the 7th

1 Like

So full disclosure, I can easily make a nanoemulsion, but unfortunately I have not solved the bitterness issue. It will more than likely be a very bitter product, but it will be easily soluble in water with little issues of it crashing out. The SOP that I am using calls for ~50g for a batch, so I wouldn’t want to take all of the product that you will be receiving. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

2 Likes

I don’t think bitterness is a deal breaker. I could send you 50g. What ingredients would you use? Ralf mentioned what he thought would be optimal in some posts above…

Maybe check this out? and other websites like that.

@MedicineManHempCo could you send me a DM? Your profile is private so I can’t send one to you. I’ll send you 50g of Icariin, I just need your address.

Thank you so much for helping by the way :slight_smile:

@MedicineManHempCo I should be receiving the icariin tomorrow, let me know