Ibogaine Hydrochloride for heroin addiction?

So I’ve been interested in Ibogaine hydrochloride for the longest time and I’ve never met anyone who has gotten clean from specifically heroin using Ibogaine hydrochloride.

I’m not a heroin user nor have I ever done heroin and I don’t look down on anyone for using, I don’t judge; I just wish the best for those that do use and hope that one day you can become clean again and to know that there are people who care about you. :octopus::heart:

I’m honestly asking because I want to know if it really is as effective as I’ve heard and if it helps with other addictions.

Also other scientific facts about it and what not that anyone can dig up.

I’ve gone through a lot on reddit but I want to know what the f200 cannabis community has to say about it and if there’s anyone here that can vouch for the efficacy.

3 Likes

I had a best friend who let opiates consume him. He tried kratom which didn’t work. He tried the ibogaine resort in Mexico and he was clean for about 3 months. He needed the constant support and professional counseling to keep it up. He relapsed and so did our friendship.

EDIT: As a side note, if you can’t handle opiates, don’t do opiate research chemicals as an alternative. If you don’t have the self-control for opiates, you’re digging yourself deeper with experimental alternatives.

EDIT 2: Don’t believe anything you read on Reddit. They are good at cat pictures and hivemind.

15 Likes

an old friend of mine used to use ibogaine treatments as a way to get clean about twice a year. he could never stay clean due to personal addiction issues.
Sadly in time he found the ibogaine treatments also reset his tolerance and that became a more important reason to get ibogaine than it was to get clean. I believe he has since lost his good (government) job and can no longer afford to leave the country and is now houseless.

Addiction is a nasty nasty thing that is going to always be a fight for those that suffer from it.

7 Likes

The drug is only half the treatment

When i attended the LA psychedelic Science Symposium, ibogaine was the buzz of the convention- there were bwiti tribe members speaking on the medicine and i got a distinct feeling that there was a point being missed by all the folks buzzing around networking and being typical los angelenos.

Set and setting, you cant just take a drug and magically be cured of an illness, the substance is the catalyst for healing, its the support and care that surrounds the event of taking the drug that actually does the majority of the work.

12 Likes

I still chock instances and stories like this up to the “neat” category.

I’ve heard people quit cigarettes and what not with fungus, but in my experience, I always smoked more when tripping.

I also think you have to go into events like this with the mind set on your goals, and treating it like a hurdle to get over, a passage in life to conquer.

5 Likes

This is true. You have to be willing to endure the truths that come from within and take what you know is good for yourself as word but listening to the knowledge from yourself and not just dismissing it.

Sometimes the trip is the worst part but coming out different each time shows you’ve learned more about yourself and not “just tripped”.

I’ve also told friends and old groups of people I hung out with “if you wanna trip don’t take it seriously; if you wanna know more about yourself go into it wanting just that and you’ll learn more about yourself than you wanted to.”

Set and setting is a bitch.

4 Likes

you absolutely have to want to overcome whatever it is you want to overcome. and you have to be stronger than that urge to relapse at ALL times or you will not make it.

6 Likes

I’ve also said that sometimes the trip can be the worst part and the days after are the best to look forward to

3 Likes

10 years after I started tripping, I have concluded the “ego” and what not people love to preach about while tripping is bullshit. 99% of the die hard advocates ingest psychs far too frequently… getting reality and what’s in their head blurred imo

6 Likes

I know several people who went to mexico and peru for them and got clean, know the same amount of people who didnt stay clean. They also thought they could hang around the same crowd and it wouldn’t effect them. I have a friend doing them here in the hills with one of the doctor’s from mexico and are having good success. But the people have to want to stay on the wagon.

3 Likes

Well that’s the definition of abusing psychedelics and hallucinogenics. The psytrippers piss me off, not cause they trip sack and bounce back easy but because they are what made those who have the great respect for these substances like Maria Sabina and Albert Hoffman and Sasha Shulgan and those who view these substances as spiritual or achievements in human kind with the ability to further humanity in a way that is quite profound, look at as the people who have no respect for themselves or at least look at them like they don’t know what they’re truly doing or I would hope.

Eventually the respect grew on me and my views changed

2 Likes

You guys pretty much nailed what put the brakes on my pharmacological exploration. I felt as though I had learned what I needed to, it was time to explore and experience life. I learned a lot about myself, and I am sure there will be another day, where I will need a humble reminder of my psyche and ego. But life gives enough self actualization at this point.

I basically feel as though I am living my own “Rat Park” experiment, as I have found more capability on my own, and get to create more, I haven’t felt the need to exercise my usage of more potent pharmacopeia. Life is enough right now. I have more control over my life than before, and I am finally healing.

5 Likes

Spot on

The ego is masturbatory, eh?

3 Likes

That genuinely made me laugh, thank you :octopus:

2 Likes

Is that why errybody be strokin’ it?

5 Likes

out-of-nowhere-did-not-see-that-coming

3 Likes

I lost both my best friends from highschool to opiates, and I’m not the only one. There is no single answer to getting clean, but I promise it’s not just taking more drugs. It requires daily effort and for most is infact a lifelong battle. I’m not saying ibogaine and other strong psychotropics aren’t helpful, I think they can be, but anyone saying they will “cure” addiction is a hack and an a liar.

1 Like