I make terrible distillate....why?

How did iT go ?

1 Like

Why Whats wrong your head ain t passing Distillate treu ??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Kidding No bad vibes here yust a play off words
How did iT go ?

3 Likes

still working on collecting the shitty parts. I only have a few hours per day at this point so currently I’m at 220C and it’s still just slowly dripping off water/ethanol/whatever, but its getting thicker, the head temps are only around 140 so far so I don’t know if I should go above 220C on the mantle or not.

I’ll be back at it tomorrow spending a good 3 hours just ramping up the temp and waiting for something to happen.

3 Likes

Great
Patcience is a virteu :grinning:
Leave vacuum on !!

1 Like

I use the reflux amount as a parameter of the amount of heat i administer
No flooding but a thick reflux layer is fine by me for first pass

2 Likes

@Killavolt Brother you keep mentioning that when this batch is done your finished with no acess to lab and the equipment to continue? My question is why is that not your equipment or home?? Cause theirs ppl on this site thats willing to sell top quality distillate. Below is 1 hope this helps you out.

CBD Distillate for Sale in CO, 85% CBD $3800-4000/L

I’ve been watching this thread go down and the best advice I can give is to remove as much of your vacuum hose as possible.
I would rearrange everything and make the path between your cow and the cold trap as short as possible and between the cold trap and the pump as short as possible.
The volume of vapour you pull will increase dramatically thus allowing the vac level to drop much lower.

1 Like

Is the Heli Pak in your head?

No I don’t own that place, it’s costing $3k/month, in my name but I’m not paying for it…and then I have my own bills at my own place of living…so monthly expenses all around are like $5k and the person paying for it is huge in debt because of it, and other failed ventures.
I’m lucky if I earn $1200 in a month.

I have maybe 30lbs of material left and have no way to get any more. Nobody wants to buy my oil because it’s dark and it can’t even hold a candle to the shit that’s coming from BC at ridiculously low prices and flooding the market in my city.

I’m stuck between doing this to maybe help pay for the location and my own bills, but I can’t even look for a job right now because I have to make oil and that takes my time.

6 Likes

it’s just a stainless steel pot scrubber

2 Likes

Ah I see unfortunately that’s what happens when big corporations try to take over an industry. They lower the price to force the smaller guy out. However with the help of these fine ppl on this site I know you will be just fine.

You could try a marketing ploy and tell ppl that the darkness is because the starting material was of a purple strain lmao :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Remove the scrubby or at least only add a very small amount. I’d be willing to bet that’s where the need for additional heat is coming from. Also add foil all the way up to the condenser with a small area for you to peek in and make sure your stir bar is as fast as it can go :). Hope this helps ya

4 Likes

Damn kilavolt… i wish i could help you out man… it bums me to see a fellow so down… i was there once man… down to my last 20 and no where to turn… you wanna put your head in the sand sometimes but you just cant fall prey to that feeling… you gotta start focusing on any ray of light that shines your way and things will beighten… sounds like a crock probably when you down… but you will pull yourself up and maybe even beyond what you could imagine right now… but you gotta want it… work for it… this fraction of your life will not define who you are or what you wanna be… its not to late to turn shit aroud homie… you have a pot full of cash… you just gotta make turn gold and then to green… you are so close… me and im sure many others are here rooting for ya…

8 Likes

As far as being late… I was in Marine Corp boot camp when I first leaened what a bad idea it was to be late…In the Marines they pick guys called Seargent Majors who have highly effective ways of training folks to be on time :wink: Generally the ideas include the entire squad so you can get help remembering…

6 Likes

I’m so fucking done with this shit…my entire life is on the line and all I can produce is this complete and utter shit and it takes me like a month to make this amount (400g roughly)

nobody wants this shit, I’m unemployed, deeply in debt, can’t even get a fucking job because I’m almost forced to make this shit just to pay for the place I make it at, I live in a tiny apartment that I haven’t even stood a single chance of getting out of for 15 god damn years.
And now with things the way they are all it means is I’m going to lose almost everything I own and end up not even back at square 1, I’ll be at square -2

There’s no market in London and when this place can finally be sold I’ll be so god damn screwed it isn’t funny. I’ll have lost the landscaping company I had,… namely because I can’t drive my truck at the moment and am stuck in a car.
So there’s a 10x10 shed full of landscaping equipment I’ll have to get rid of, and then I’ve got a whole shitload of tools that have no space in my apartment for…and then there’s just other things I own, many of which I’m already trying to sell off just in some vain attempt to stay afloat.

I put in all this time, and effort to try and make this a good quality distillate and all I end up with is the same shit I was making 2 years ago…not one iota better in any regard just took a lot more work and time for the same result.
worst of all is how I was able to ONE TIME make perfectly stable oil that didn’t oxidize…and it’s not like that makes a difference, my market is basically Toronto which I don’t stand a snowballs chance in hell of being able to sell anything there looking like this, and London, which there is also no market, and is also being flooded with the same shit that’s coming from BC…some 10kg’s/day of water clear for $8/g.

I’m so fucked here that it actually has become funny… how is it possible for someone to be so fucked…
I’m a fucking child, I don’t even know how the hell I’ve been able to survive this long, and I can’t even do the simplest shit right.

I highly doubt there will be many, if any, more posts from me. I’ve done what I could with the help of you guys and achieved no better results and am getting no further ahead.
I cannot even figure out how the hell I was able to help anyone with my videos when I’m such a failure.

3 Likes

I wish i could help ya out. What about buying the water clear at 8/g, and use that for the time being to turn a profit. Its what ive been doing for a bit now.

Its super frustrating trying ro get things just right. My entire income depends on my grow and what not.

4 Likes

cause I couldn’t sell it for more than $8 … and I don’t even know from who or where. I have no connections at all, I have no friends.
If I did this would be great, good enough oil to use for edibles, but I can’t even get those to go anywhere and people who keep telling me they’re going to help don’t seem to be doing anything at all except blowing smoke up my ass.

3 Likes

Cheer up bud, your videos definitely gave me a grasp on how this process works, and what it looks like, im grateful for them i had an idea of what to expect on top of all the reading i did on this site, so thank you for them!
i cant give you reccomendations to make your product better i dont have the experience, but the people on here definitely can and do.

I think your doing it right its just your starting material is old so its causing you issues that are hard to fix without extensive procedures…

I wish you the best and i hope you can figure it out to make it all work in your favor

3 Likes

Have you considered trying the adsorptive medias to remove the color from your crude?

3 Likes

How do you make your crude? the crc tech seems like it might solve most of your issues if you use cls to start.

1 Like