I clouded up some distillate with my homogenizer

I accidentally mixed in some air on these 70 grams of distillate when mixing in some terps, I’ve had this happen a couple times before and I would like to discuss fixes.

Its not the distillate as all the other terped batches look just like the original distillate, I can see it happening as I’m using the homogenizer and i thinks its usually on these smaller containers with these smaller test batches you can see the air being pulled down from the surface but when i accidentally turnedd it up a bit too high its done this

Cat digital homogenizer
Cat hotplate
8 percent terps added
70c in bead bath
70c on plate (thinking of dropping this to 60c)

Thanks

Once warm pull a vacuum on it
And have patience while keeping it warm

5 Likes

Given that it’s been terped already, warming in a sealed jar for a hr or four would be my first attempt…

Maybe scream at it a little?

Or ask @MikeyHiH, he knows everything there is to know about bubbles…

8 Likes

worrying about loss of terps or volatilizing them or both?

1 Like

Once you put it in a cart it will look fine.

4 Likes

hour later at about 80c under full vac

it was popping some intermittent bubbles but no visual difference

I’ll leave it on longer on monday for curiosity sake, would really like to find a way to turn this clear again

1 Like

I second @cyclopath 's recommendation for heating in a sealed jar. We experience this issue from time to time with cavitation when mixing. Leaving it warm and sealed and then letting it cool before you open it again will help with the terp loss.

2 Likes

Comparing distillate mixing to live rosin cart prep is exactly why you get live rosin wrong. Very different products, one already being decarbed and stripped of everything. Keep making mids, have a good day.

how long and what temp?

Im not worried about terp loss but if the jar is crucial to removing bubbles im game

Oh shit well if you’re not worried about the terps just leave it at 80 overnight then.

Edit: there’s no chance you accidentally introduced any water, right?

4 Likes

no water, great question though,

yeah ill do it in a jar on Monday overnight

80 Celsius right?

Yes, 80c.

1 Like

Religious nonsense…

…but you do you babe.

3 Likes

Thanks Very Much

What kind of terps are you using?

I know this is a dumb question

Does the ability of a jar to only hold a few psi of pressure the reason why a sealed jar can vac vac pulled in it?

And if that’s the case is the jar just slowing things down or what is going on thermodynamically with the temp and can level inside the jar compared to outside where the terps are evaporating and goi f out the vac path.

1 Like

Next time heat your distillate up more before adding terps, and don’t be mixing less than 100ml. That will solve your problem in the future.

As for that batch, heat and re mix, but dont let the seam go above the liquid line. Gold leaf should have told you when they sold you this machine.

2 Likes

What’s a good temp. I use 70c on a bead bath like OP and also have one of these cat homos (lol)

I too have done this a few times and I think it’s always on smaller volumes but I think once one like a few hundred ml

Great to know you can just vac it over night.

Thanks everyone for the informative thread.

More like 80-100 for mixing modern distillates with their 90%+ purities

Just heat it and mix it, the bubbles will be gone. Or heat it and hit it with vibrations if ur poor (for any “no-homos” out there)

2 Likes

heating it to 8oc now, highest my bead bath will go

i let it chill for 30-45 min to get to temp then hit it again with the smaller t10 shaft

I’ll post results, thanks for the tip!