I clouded up some distillate with my homogenizer

That did nothing.

“Just heat it and mix it” is pretty vague, any time temp or speed details?

I got my bead bath to 80c and hot plate to 80c and mixed for several minutes on the 2 setting when you go up towards 3 or over on a small container like this is just mixes in more air.

I can tell the issue is the batch and container size in relativity to the shaft but still trying to find a fix.

Over night vac oven next

Set it on the lowest temp to get your solution flowing well, spin it at as low of a speed as possible without introducing more air.

In my eyes, the idea is getting the oil fluid enough for the (very small) bubbles to move to the surface and disperse into the air. Gentle mixing helps move those bubbles.

1 Like

The act of heating and filling carts might solve it…

2 Likes

Why are you using a t10 shaft?

1 Like

I actually used the regular shaft

i bought the small shaft for smaller batches but haven’t used yet

And I will get it hotter on the hot plate.

I really do appreciate the info, I don’t mean to be snippy or come off rude. I immensely appreciate your help and i know you are very experienced with these homogenizers, thank you for taking time to reply.

1 Like

No offense taken. I was genuinely curious for the t10 shaft. It is very rare to see those used, as that are extremely niche.

I am unsure if you got the homogenizer from me, but if you did not, duty time is usually 10-30 seconds. If it takes longer you are at the wrong temp (too low) ir you are using the wrong sized shaft for your batch

1 Like

That makes total sense

Is there any chance that what you are trying to remove is acctually a mixed in
Speck of vacuumgrease ?
Vacuum grease doesn t dissolve wel in distillate and if it s mixed in with force it can give the same results

4 Likes

food grade silicone?

1 Like

Like silicone oil? That would probably cause it too

2 Likes

PLEASE DO NOT LUBRICATE THE OUTER SHAFT WITH SILICONE LUBRICANT LIKE THE MANUFACTURER RECOMMENDS. Use mct oil or caparillic acid (c8 or purified mct oil)

Silicone lubricant may be food safe but it is not vape safe.

6 Likes
1 Like