I can try to do some technical services, If your chillers from China have problems

Guys where did you get these chillers from? The company name and chiller name are even written in Chinese! Yours is worse: it is 50HZ not 60HZ, it will have problem sooner or later

3 Likes

WellI we got it from China So that makes sense haha

Sorry for my absence guys tryna get back in the grove of things after a much needed short vacation, I have a sec to snap a pic of the electrical right now I’m trying to get back in here and test for leek by the end of the day

Unless there’s more there, my go does that look like a lousy control scheme lol. Looks like a contactor for each compressor and a timer to prevent the low stage from starting prematurely. If @EffisonAndy is correct as well as the nameplate which indicates that there are two stages, I can theorize your issue already:

With that control scheme, if anything causes the high stage to work improperly it will result in the low stage banging off the HPC and usually blowing a bunch of refrigerant out.

2 Likes

Mismatching frequency (cycles per second) will reduce your equipment’s life cycle. A 50HZ device will wear out much faster if run at 60HZ

3 Likes

Yes, our chiller all are 60HZ.

1 Like

Yes, it is two stages system. The timer is to control the second stage.
Open the lid of the AC contactors, the first contactor will close after you press cool button, the second one should close 4 mins after pressing cool button. If it closes which means the control system works well, check if the compressor works.

1 Like

Got a min to get in a prep for tomorrow this is what I’m looking at.

Looks like tecumseh compressors, but not sure if it is 50HZ or 60HZ.
Cant find problems from your pics, you need to check the AC contactor as I said.

1 Like

That’s what she said…

That’s all I came here for.

2 Likes

Not seeing any leaks sticking out at me, also I may not be looking at the right area. Where is the AC contract I am looking for?

These two, not sure which is for the second stage , you have to find out.

2 Likes

Yep. One should pull in first (the high stage) and the other 4 min later. If it doesn’t that’d maybe explain it although I tend to doubt it if you’re getting cooling at all.

2 Likes

Looks like 2 (L’unite Hernetique ) compressors I have nitrogen on hand to pressure test wondering where/how to introduce gas or refrigerant to test or recharge?I’ll dig up my current tester to determine if they are kicking on properly but yes it does cool down initially.

Man, did you get your chiller fixed?

1 Like

First thing to do would be establish which is the low stage (it’ll be the compressor that’s NOT piped to the radiator. Then you’ll want to find a schrader valve or service valve to hook up to on each half of that stage.

Think of each stage as its own refrigeration loop, with the discharge side and suction side separated by the compressor and TXV/capillary. Everything between the compressor discharge (smaller pipe) and expansion device is the discharge side and everything from the expansion device back to the compressor is the suction side.

When you hook up, take care to not mix any air into the system. This can be done by either vacuuming down your hoses/manifold before opening a service valve or by leaving your house port open to another port that is just slightly cracked when making your connection; the system pressure will purge the air from the lines and after a second just shut the valve to atmosphere.

Once you’re hooked up, take a look at your standstill pressure and then fire her up and let us know what the pressures settle out to after running a while.

2 Likes

Thanks for getting back to me, still not fixed everything’s prepped and ready to work on How ever due to recent events that are out of my hands… :speaking_head::fire::tornado: (“ firenado” ) I had to contemplate evacuation. Should be able to get back to her in a few days everything’s contained but I have some other things that require my attention at the moment. Can I get back to you when I’m ready to dedicate some time to the issue ?
Thanks again.

4 Likes

Sure thing, always here when you need us

5 Likes

sorry really shitty picture, ones plumed into the top of the radiator and ones plumed into the bottom

1 Like

been on for about 30 mins no noticeable leaks. Seems to be holding at - 6.4
Also looks like there’s a valve port on both sides that is the side plumed into the bottom of the radiator

1 Like