I can try to do some technical services, If your chillers from China have problems

Many guys sent me message or emailed asking me about the maintenance of chillers from China, as my last post discussed issues about Chinese chillers. As the title says I will try to do some technical services,If your chillers from China have problems.
DM me or send email to info@effison.cn

7 Likes

I am still down to facilitate some of these repairs if they are located in my vicinity. @EffisonAndy I repaired a couple rotary evaporators for you in California last year

5 Likes

I had a working chiller. Was working fine, had a few breakers pop power shutdown a fee times and now the cooling doesnt work and the PID doesnt work to control temp.

Halp pros?

1 Like

what is the power supply? 220V/60hz? Single phase or 3 phases?

1 Like

Assuming it’s a DSLB style chiller, I’d first suspect SSR or wiring leading up to or leaving the SSR. On the SSR you can measure if power is going to low voltage side (which would show that PID is trying to run compressor) and whether you’ve got power to the input of the SSR and if you have power leaving the output of the SSR.

1 Like

Single, yes

Hmm I see. Yeah its a china chiller and one detail also was that before when I hit cool it would take about 5min and the compressor would start rumbling in a good way and turn on, now since it stopped working as descrobed above what happens: I turn on cooling and it instantly starts rumbling but doesnt work and I cant control PID…

Thanks. I will try inspecting.

Contact @midsfactory. He has the same chiller and has worked on it many of times, he may be of assistance

1 Like

so your PID controller works except for that it doesn’t change the temp of the chiller? (display works fine?)

the delay before turning on the compressor is likely the capacitor charging. my DSLB 30/30 does the same.

if the compressor is working than your probably dealing with a refrigerant leak. you want to take off the sides of the unit and look around for something greasy that looks wet.

2 Likes

Generally speaking, the delay start is set in the internal parameters of the controller, I think your PID controller failed, any pics or video are helpful if possible.

2 Likes

does anyone know how to activate the heating option in the DSLB30 chillers? i’m adding a heating element to the reservoir and found that the PID has an output for heating but I cannot figure out how to program the PID to activate it.

I would really like to be able to use the one controller built in but if i have to i will buy the applicable 2 output pid that i can program.

1 Like

@cyclopath is great at figuring that stuff out. I bet for enough mochas (or even regular coffee), he could be convinced to help. Maybe even stop by.

1 Like

Show me the model of the controller, I can help if it is the one we are using

3 Likes

Just a pic of the controller is ok

If you’re lucky there is a model number on the PID. If you’re even luckier @EffisonAndy has the same model and has already done the rtfm.

I’ve had luck programming a PID using the wrong manual in the past, but I don’t recall it being a fun endeavor.

If you get stuck I’d be more than to stop by and try my luck. Been meaning to run into you in person for months now…

3 Likes

Just a heads up, you may have trouble checking the SSR with a volt meter because they leak a tiny bit of current but enough for a good meter to read voltage even when the switch is open. A good old test light can be useful here

Just a pic of the PID controller is ok.

Pictures are certainly nice, but won’t help diagnose a misbehaving SSR.

I fail to see how repeating your response to @thesk8nmidget is relevant?

It’s okay, he’s just excited to help I think.

I just didn’t want @FamilyFarms thinking their issue is a bad SSR because they can be a bit finicky to test. Which is not to say they don’t break, usually they only exist because the mechanical contactor used in previous revisions fried and the “engineer” figured a more robust design would fix the initial problem.

It sounds like @EffisonAndy is quite convinced that the issue is with the PID and honestly, he probably has quite a bit more experience with these units than I do lol

2 Likes

Quite possibly.

We are dealing with two different chillers here.

Only one of which belongs to @thesk8nmidget

I’m just trying to make sure we don’t have crossed comms.

2 Likes