I am Thankful for this forum

Happy thanksgiving too you and yours as well

7 Likes

@Sidco_Cat thank you, as always, for being a bright, shiny light of positivity in the mish-mash of scientific discussion, memes, trolls and the rest.

I am thankful for you and all the others on this forum that have provided me with insight, pointed me in the right direction, corrected me, debated with me and opened some doors that were barred shut when I first stumbled upon this place.

I’m also thankful for the weird first-time introductions that turn into friendships when we get together at our annual weed-nerd convention…and for the people who work hard to make them a cool place to be.

Also, @sidco for being the silent glue that holds this fucker together. I don’t think any of us can fathom how much he does behind the scenes.

I just checked my stats. I have visited this place 1.4K days and spent 12 days just reading. And it was totally fuckin worth it.

Love to all you guys. Happy Turkey day.

-Phil

17 Likes

This is still my favorite website even though it’s been inundated with bs and drama lately. Maybe that’s a blessing in disguise, sometimes a forum getting too big is the beginning of it’s death (a la the Usenet eternal September.) I’ve been here as a reader since 2018 and I still learn new shit here all the time. Thankful that communities with open source values still exist on the internet.

13 Likes

There is some of us that work all day and do not have a white picket fence family to come home to. This bastard ass forum is the only family we have considering we come here every night and the characters are familiar. Despite the odds and ends we still recognize and relate with the emotions and feelings expressed here. There are a select few people that keep this place insanely sane and I am thankful for those members. Its kind of like watching your favorite sitcom. I could only imagine knowing them in real life makes everything that much more relatable.

13 Likes

If you’re within 100 miles of 96052, I’d feed you so much turkey tomorrow. So much turkey.

12 Likes

I’m thankful for my children, real homies and anyone whom owns a cart farmer!

13 Likes

I’m thankful for this platform, the people I’ve met and done business with, and the ideas & knowledge this forum has brought me.

This forum helps enable entrepreneurs to generate immediate income, which I greatly appreciate.

6 Likes

I am so thankful for this forum!!

I’m thankful for a LOT of other things too, but this forum has been my single greatest resource for knowledge, humor and peace.

I’ve achieved a moderate amount of success due to the vast amounts of priceless information I’ve acquired here and we’re growing more and more every year.

I’m not as active as I could or should be and I’m too shy to introduce myself at events lol. But I am one of those guys that this forum saved even though I’ve never been outspoken about it.

Around the holidays, November 21st 2019 we suffered the traumatic loss of our 11 year old daughter. We had just built our first lab and were in the beginning stages of developing our brand which all came to a halt. Towards the end of that year I felt desperate and hopeless and out of control of anything in life.

There were some very dark moments and honestly even today I sometimes wonder how I did make it out. Every day is still a struggle especially this time of the year.

But I took some control back in my life by consuming myself in my work and becoming the best distiller in my market.

The folks who were there and the ones who were helpful were the ones who helped me get by every day and they never even knew it. Even the shit talkers were a welcomed break from depression lol. This forum and winning has been the more therapeutic than actual therapy.

I hope this post doesn’t come off as a downer because my intent is to bring this up in a positive manner.

Because now 3 years later we’re actually able to be thankful for things again. We’re more thankful for our son who’s still here and the relationships we have with our close friends and family. When a loved one dies in your arms you learn to appreciate every day for how fragile and precious each moment is.

If you’re having a rough holiday season this season, hopefully you can remember that this too shall pass. Sometimes the pain doesn’t get any less but you do learn to deal with it.

If you’re blessed this season don’t forget that you’re blessed and try to be a light to someone else. You may not realize how your positivity could help someone through their rough time.

Happy Turkey day everyone! Hug your babies tightly, love and accept your friends and family and appreciate every blessing!

Love you all :kissing_heart:

28 Likes

God bless you and your family. Your post is so touching and not anything close to a downer. People who have hope after tragedy are inspiring. Big, big hugs and all the blessings on your family. :heart::heart:

12 Likes

Thank you @Sidco_Cat :blush: same back to you and your family!!!

I will definitely pass on the hugs :hugs:

8 Likes

Spending my first Thanksgiving ever out of the country and away from family. And way away - I’m in Zimbabwe right now, on a month+ long trip to get a lab set up, tested out and ready to hit the ground running.

Big thanks to @Dabatronicus who I’ve worked with extensively and his boss whose referral got my foot in the door for this opportunity. And I’m thankful for him and a wide variety of the other cannabis nerds on here like @cyclopath @Sermac @nategeo @SidViscous @SubstituteCreature and others that I can bounce ideas around with and of course @future for all he’s done for us

14 Likes

How exciting! Soak it all up! God bless your venture and may it have a positive impact on the community around it.

4 Likes

We need to get some more BBQ when you get back!

5 Likes

Thanks for your message @Sidco_Cat. Happy Thanksgiving :maple_leaf::turkey::plate_with_cutlery:. Cheers to all the peeps! I’m thankful for y’all!

3 Likes

This is very succinct and real. Hustle dreams are still alive with good people along the path.

4 Likes

Jesus Christ man, hearing something like that always tears me up.

And glad you have been able to push through it, cannot imagine. Hope things stay on the up for you bro.

5 Likes

I’m thankful for this forum and the members here, many have helped me along the way, started open blastng my first round of diamonds, to blowing up a jar from etching the glass then from running a closed loop with a vortex fan out the door,(against advice from here) then building a makeshift booth with an explosion proof fan, to getting a real booth and a real lab with a bizzbee and all the toys I’ve ever wanted.

Thank you all, the saftey advice, the knowledge on how to keep moving forward, to the motivation to try something new to keep up with the industry.
The parts, equipment, friendships, and knowledge, I look forward to the future4200!

9 Likes

Thanks for leveling up and keeping yourself safe. That’s the best use of this information ever. :raised_hands::raised_hands:

6 Likes

Saftey first!
It’s been a long, but also fast trip to this point, but my main focus has been doing it safe.

8 Likes

Such a great resource for the industry!

5 Likes