Hydrocarbon Extraction has a Vague Blanket Patent

Then again… AIO ideas still intrigue me and the idea behind it wasn’t too bad it was just “like… Why…” didn’t the patent on Mr. Extractor never go through?

I’m not trying to spam this thread with questions about Mr Extractor but has anyone ever built one of their own.

1 Like

Do you have an example that shows it is enforceable? Patents are bought and sold all the time. It’s of course not evidence of enforceability

I think future is right that anecdotally it’s either not enforceable or it’s not worth enforcing otherwise we would have heard about it. That could change at any time

3 Likes

Yeah the Mr extractor is a knock off of @Graywolf s lil terp passive extractor that was inspired by FOAF.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, I think I was told that before. I forgot. Holy shit scrolling through those designs… Dude fucking innovated the hell out of the whole process like forever!

1 Like

2.3 The Patent Battle (graywolfslair.com)

2.2 The Oil Wars (graywolfslair.com)

21 Likes

Lame patents are dumb. I used to play hackeysack and some dipshit had patented a 32 panel soccerball patern. Most players use custom handmade bags and often in a 32 panel and this fuck would claim it was against his patent. He did teach me how to do a reverse joint roll in like 2000. He shouldve patented that and made everyone who rolls a joint pay him.
That guy had literal wooks making footbags for him and they believed him on the patent thing and would tell on custom makers making bags???

1 Like

@Graywolf thank you for the articals. This is very interesting. Patent law is way out of my league but I passed it to the family attorney’s for their review and consideration.

@Dred_pirate I agree with you. Idealisticlly If there were ever a way to organize and unite even a portion of the CLS industry it would be strength in numbers and most likely able to raise decent chunk of cheddar if needed… Just make an offer they can’t refuse. And set that patent in question free to the world. Before realistically someone finds the current legal patent owner and things go south. I know someome people with alot to lose and pretty questionable histories in this hydrocarbon game.

This is it right here.
End game, why is anyone arguing…

Cannabis is not federally legal, how are you gonna enforce a patent?

I personally know a man who wrote a vaugue hydrocarbon extraction patent around 2000, I’ve read the patent, doesn’t matter, It costs too much to maintain and he gave it up before anyone knew what a ”dab” was. The reason, can’t do anything with it until it’s federally legal.

Nobody gives a Fack, the patent holder wont waste $ unless your big enough and dumb enough to not have a legal team on the ready, + 90% of IP cases are settled out of court after a discovery hearing. What ever happend to not being able to patent nature ? seems silly snowflake chad behavior. If there is a patent on toast should we all just go back to pan frying frying bread ? pfft no just sue me

Federal regulation will not open any doors either, otherwise you would see this in Canada where cannabis is legit

7 Likes

This likely isn’t relevant in the near term as someone else suggested, considering cannabis is still not federally legal, there would be complications of a major legal battle being accepted by the courts.

However, I would imagine if there is an enforceable patent, then the patent-owner would structure a licensing model now and then collectively have themselves and all licensees enforce their IP on those not willing to pay to play in the later future.

This is similar to what is currently happening with Smoore and CCELL going through the ITC today on enforcement of their patent claims - which isn’t the same as bringing forth a lawsuit, but being able to stop the global importation of vape goods. Through this measure, they have now ensnared hundreds of sellers that have been grossly underreporting their customs declarations for years and will likely bankrupt sellers by using the ITC to enforce unpaid back taxes in addition to penalties and potential jail time. They will then go after sellers in civil court for unfair business practices and lost sales because of tax evasion schemes.

I would imagine there is some truth to this patent and while it may not matter today, it likely will matter in the near future. Companies buy patents specifically to play this type of game. Smoore has bought over 200+ patents for vape. Who says someone isn’t doing it for other parts of the industry as well that has relevant and enforceable IP?

1 Like

In the end all a patent guarantees you is a day in court, beside whatever lawyer you can afford.

4 Likes

Exactly! They go for the little guys who can’t afford to fight them.

I know of one manufacturer, who will remain anonymous, that told them to have sexual intercourse with themselves and that he was setting aside a million dollars to shove their patent past their anal sphincter in a public display, at which point they moved on to another potential victim.

22 Likes

Joe, in the joint, that kinda talk gets a person in trouble.

RPX estimates that there are 250,000 active U.S. patents applicable to the smartphone. Assuming that smartphone patents have an average of 20 claims each, that is 5,000,000 restrictions on smartphone innovation.

So when you pick up your cell phone, think about the reality of your i-phone before before
mouthing-off with your bitch-ass routine. If you’re not smart enough to realize that 90%
of this “crew” is indoctrinated in criminality …well perhaps you should go over to facebook.

Not to mention your ignorance level concerning the public record of of everything you write online …
or the fact that the owner and founder of this site, future4200, does own and have the rights (I’m guessing), sell or otherwise market every word you write or data from chemically fingerprinted hemp samples…all covered by governing laws, patent law and charging you $100 to register…
…Is this a business model? or close to most on line SOP.

wake the fuck up.

2 Likes

Patents must be both novel, meaning new, and non obvious to a person with average and ordinary skill in the trade. Both of those requirements would be a basis for challenging the patent in the original post. I mean this as an academic point and not as a prediction of who would win or lose.

If anyone is interested in the academic view, a lot of good information can be had for free by googling phrases like “law school outline IP law”

You don’t realize the difference between a criminal and someone who does not intend to harm someone.
In legal mambo jumbo “no mens rea “.
So just because someone gives weed to a sick patient doesn’t make them a criminal, even in a state with zero tolerance.
Or, is that hurting the doctors and oncologists and their lawyers?

4 Likes

Just to be clear, no one , and I mean no one in Oregon was more generous to MS society and MS patients than the UDOXI Scientific owners. Moreover, they gave CBD preparations to the Parents of children with repeated seizures syndrome for years before it was made available by the FDA. That group never asked a for a penny nor did they turn anyone away. This was all under the ODA medical Marijuana program. Also, the number of cancer patients receiving free RSO-like formulation goes without saying. No Charge!

UDOXI was far ahead of its time, not only extraction methods and invention, but also in the field of emulsions, nanoemulsions, “micelles” with applications in everything from soft drinks, pens, salves, and to pH and saline balanced solutions for nebulization. In 2015 they were particularly helpful to OLCC in setting up the extraction licensing program as an industry advisor. The UDOXI group really deserves applause. They are still available for consulting in the field of Cannabinoid formulations.

2 Likes

Wow, that long ass thread. I can’t believe I tried reading this garbage.

Do you feel dumb trying to throw out “Oh, I’m qualified. I know the guys who patented this” yet, or do you need to get flamed harder?

1 Like

What does this even mean? We don’t sell data, we don’t “market” anything.

If you know of someone interested in buying the data this site accumulates, send em over, we will hold a vote to see if the forum is interested in selling it’s data and could run some sort of monthly lottery to distribute the proceeds

6 Likes

I’ve said it for awhile. This dude has some legitimate chemistry knowledge, but is pulling a ruse on anyone who defers to him, or even considers him a qualified consultant.

There’s a lot of LARPers in this field. I’ve had the bullshit wool pulled over my eyes before, to be sure… this guy strikes me as someone that’s good at peppering in enough technobabble to not get caught out.