HWT+Tankless heater for recovery

Or a pool.

2 Likes

Yea its huge, we didnt purchase it. Came with our lab when we moved in. Thought I could make do with it rather then adding a different system in. Didnt know I would get crucified for explaining my experience.

1 Like

What’s the question? And you can basically get any water heater to work, you have to get around 2 main sensors the water flow/pressure sensor and the water temp input.

If you don’t have enough power on the pump or some kind of expansion tank the system wount fire as it’s made for 40psi from the street

And hot water return I’ve only had problems with big ass 1mill unit that we’re over powered.

1 Like

None of this is a crucifixion man. This is a discussion of ideas. Calm yourself

3 Likes

Aw don’t be so sensitive, I’ve ran tankless in series to get 50 degree input water to 135 degrees to split to 3 collection pots.
We all like over kill

1 Like

Very calm, smoking my morning blunt and hitting the forums before 9am meetings is my routine.

1 Like

I guess crucifixion means something different to us both. Have a good day man.

4 Likes

Been rocking this set up for 4 years. Cost like $400.

4 Likes

Helpful tip remove the screens from the water inlet

4 Likes

Agreed.

Did you pop back and read from whence I quoted you? (It’s a useful thread for those on the same voyage you were back then)

Back in 2019 you stated that

I was suggesting that your issue (back then) was perhaps the one that @Lincoln20XX bought up in the post above mine.

So no actual question.

You’ve agreed, and mentioned another sensor that could be the problem.

Glad you figured it out, and thank you for sharing with the class. Sounds like you’ve gotten more than a couple to do your bidding at this point.

There is also usually a FLOW sensor, which is how the unit figures out you’re demanding hot water and actually gets to making some for you.

navien makes the best units.
one can turn them up to 180f and boil alcohol if they desire…

3 Likes

One can boil ethanol at -40C if they desire

3 Likes

s l o w l y

4 Likes

Tell that to the rotary vane pump drinking ALL of it :rofl:

3 Likes

For the price of a Hubbell water heater you can get an actual recirculating heater

I had one custom built for my FFE that does 150L/min of recirculation and has 12 kw heating

They have heaters all the way up to 100 kw and they go to 200c (which i wanted for a FFE)

Beautiful low budget setup

Yeah man works great. Especially if you only need water to get to 100/110f. After the reservoir has made a full loop it really doesn’t need much power to keep the water at the desired temp cause it’s already warmed up

Ya it was a bit trick to figure out but it’s almost always the flow sensor, you can get around this in most cases by double the flow rate of the heater and having a small “open bath” where the water can actually leave the system and drop into the open bath and back into the pump. Tricks the pressure drop part of the flow sensor.

And if you need real heat look at the Hubble NX series. 250k btu - 750k btu unbeatable controls touch screen.

But can’t beat 1200$ for a 12v 100,000 btu heater :wink:

1 Like

Here’s my water heater system feeding the Luna recovery.

460v hubbel, and the little tank is just for make up glycol, its valve is always closed unless im adding water to the circuit. PRV’s go out of the room to a floor drain (using food grade glycol of course.)

5 Likes