In hot water...

I’ll share it if you think you might buy one.

2 Likes

Share even if no one will buy. Light this place up and let’s get information spreading like a wildfire. Fiat lux

10 Likes

is there a pump in there somewhere?

2 Likes

is it in a closed loop system? I cant get my tankless to fire in a closed system.

Yes they would have a filter and pump. This was a rough draft. Do you mind describing your process flow for the tankless?

1 Like

I have yet to get mine to fire correctly and how I want, lol

Than one of these three things are happening. 1. not enough PSI pushing into the tankless. 2. didn’t burb the lines while feeding and have air pockets in the loop. 3. circulating hot water into the tankless

1 Like

can you suggest a pump? ive got a taco pump that can pump up to 120 psi but when I try to pressurize the system it acts like its going to fire and then stops…
thanks for any help man! im kind of at a lose

To be honest save yourself the trouble and make it easy for yourself. Get a reservoir. We used the same pump. You will be burning and turning pumps especially with heavier density ffkuids such as glycol. You will always be force feeding the tankless hot water heater when it’s restricting flow due to temperature. Basically creating backpressure on your pump.

The rough draft P&ID is having an understating of automated instrumentation and process flowing. You have experience with this? If so I’m down to help you figure it out but if not switch to a reservoir. Ill help you with this also :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you see the layout @Photon_noir posted up thread?

Do you have an expansion tank?
Pressure gauge?
PRV?

2 Likes

expansion tank is the one thing I currently dont have but the plan is to add one today with a much bigger pump and see if that might do the trick. everything else is pretty similar to photon_noir post.

I’m going to try and add a reservoir today and see if that with a few other things and see if I cant get it to work, me not so much but one of my guys is helping us set up our FFE to be ran off my cell phone so I’m sure its possible to re-program the tankless heater but not sure hahaha

How about a little bleach tossed in the water?

Where should the flow rate be on the HX Hubbell. I was able to get 0.08 but now I am stuck at 0.00.

That would depend on the flow rate of your pump…

I would only see rates that low when someone froze up the collection pot

Do you have any 3/8” coils that water is going through?

I would start by taking your cls out of the loop and checking flow. Then add jackets/coils back one at a time.

2 Likes

What is the pressure in that system?
That pump should be horizontal ( the motor parallel to floor)because it is a water lubricated motor. If a air bubble gets stuck in the green part (motor) it will cavitation and not pump.

4 Likes

Thought it was weird not seeing an air separator on the unit

1 Like

Certainly makes getting the bubbles out easier…

Keeping them out too.

@GrandBlancDank @Onceovertwice & @FicklePickle are both on point.

This is not from the pump you’re running, but if you’ve toasted your pump you might should consider a taco as a replacement.

3 Likes

Curious on what everyones thoughts are still on the tankless water heaters that are meant for commercial/residential compared to an industrial grade mokon or sterling?

I have a Hubble HX as well. These things do 40gpm at 180f w 36kw. Fucking amazing

1 Like