Hurricane Ian Fam check in

Checking in on our friends in Florida. How’s everyone doing?

@Killa12345
@Siosis
@qma

13 Likes

East coast here

Nice storm to sleep to, zero damage.

West coast and north central might not have been so fortunate though.

10 Likes

Pray for Florida :pray: :pray: :pray:

2 Likes

Same here…a few branches down…dock box a bit flooded

west coast probably aint checkin in for a few days… no power sucks

8 Likes

With all the luxury homes damages and abandoned is looting gonna be an issue

2 Likes

Don’t forget about @GummyChad

Our resident Floridian youth.

This just goes to show god doesn’t love Florida. He keeps doing this as a way to tell you to leave.

14 Likes

This is the back of my grandmas house in Orlando. Massive live oak uprooted itself because of how saturated the earth is. Creek is about 6” away from flooding her place. Thankfully my dad is with her

6 Likes

Meanwhile in Florida…
https://twitter.com/PitbullRedhat/status/1575164933209063429?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1575164933209063429|twgr^2e485316f02ac08fe1c36f78a3cb8bb629271291|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsweek.com%2Fflorida-man-hurricane-ian-f-joe-biden-flag-viral-video-lets-go-brandon-1747433

You think he beat his wife before or after that video?

3 Likes

is there an option for before and after?

3 Likes

He’s good - He messaged me earlier. His house is ok and so is his family.

@GummyChad Glad you’re ok fucker

8 Likes

Most of us are on the east coast and absolutely fine

10 Likes

Thanks man… we’re out getting gas rn. Generator works, no more leaks at the carburetor, and fridge was on for most the day.

Been surviving off MRE’s past 2 days or so. Better than nothing lol. Few restaurants have opened, gonna check a Waffle House here after gasolina.

Hung out with my neighbors, helped them a bit and bantered in general.

We got lucky… like extremely… we were in the midst of it all and only the west side of our development was flooded. New builds got fucked too lol, morons who built them didn’t think about flooding.

Someones generator caught a flame during the hurricane and blew up a propane tank too

8 Likes

No unless you’re on FMB or the Fort in general. Lehigh probably yes, but my area and Naples no. Naples has power, few communities near me do but we still don’t.

Mail has come back too finally lol. Man its rough though.

Waffle House is open to baby fuck yea.

Nvm one near me isn’t open. Thai food it is

Food update. Better than an MRE for sure lol…

6 Likes

Tell me about it lol. Took me a few days to get on here. No power sucks ass man… almost lost the fridge…

1 Like

We lost it for 2-3 weeks after Ike my senior year of highschool, glad to see you weathered it alright

1 Like

Lolol u gotta hurricane better dude. A propane camping stove is crucial.

Glad you’re straight though we gotta talk about hurricane party prep soon :rofl:

4 Likes

Camp chef 4 the win

2 Likes

I got a power transfer cable for my big generator I just flip my main breaker. Plug it into my dryer plug and I can power on just about any appliance except my a/c. I got a spare generator just for my fridge and deep freezer.

I cook most meals on my gas grill which wouldn’t change during a hurricane.

Over the years. I’ve just added to the hurricane supplies. We buy board games during Black Friday every year. Never open one yet. We get free harbor frieght lights and tarps during those sales.

We keep a box of tapcons in the house and wood to board up. I can’t tell you how many gas cans I have. Maybe 15x not to mention I have 4 propane tanks for the grill.

Lived here since Andrew and have learnt a little more every storm since

13 Likes

I am gonna hook up a hotplate tomorrow to my generator to cook some basics but mostly canned food or something basic, can’t wash dishes, no hot water and to top it all off a boil water advisory. Idk if its in effect still but I am not risking it. Been listening to radio a good amount and only heard a few islands got clean water back.

Might try to boil a pot of water for a while, cool it down a little and use it to clean small dishes with some soap then disinfect. Idk. I might be thinking to hard.

Service is still sporadic. Lucky if I’ll be able to post this.

2 Likes