Humboldt County permabans hemp cultivation

My neighbor has a mutt and I keep my intact female gsd in the yard. Can I call cops? Its obv way diferent but similar.

Only if that mutts shooting his loads over the fence

5 Likes

THe bank bought the neighbors house and removed the fence on one side of my house??? WTF. My dog had never enjoyed freedom and now she runs away sometimes by breakig rope leashes.

What if they are looking at it as an invasive species to their economy. I’m sure humboldt #1 industry is weed. What if they are just trying to protect all the outdoor crops. We all hemp farms aren’t the best at finding all the males.

I’m sure there are places you not allowed to
Plant certain species of plants in fruit and vegetables where they don’t want cross pollination

I could only imagine the impact on the families in that country if there was a wind storm and many crops were pollenated with hemp pollen.

3 Likes

At least from the network I have there - in 2014, 2016, 2018 (all the recent federal+state regulatory changes) hemp pollinating MED+REC cannabis was a huge worry. Lots of angry meetings at the Willow Creek Golf Club

4 Likes

We are potheads though. We know humboldt as weed, isnt it alot more crops?

1 Like

Im going to miralogo this weekend to golf with the boss. Il bring this up to him.

1 Like

imagine some hemp boy with a plant patent tries to sue you for violating their IP when the seeds that fell to the ground sprout the next season

1 Like

Carrots, potatoes, beets, probably others I’m forgetting were all prevalent in the past. And of course livestock, fishing, logging, etc have always been huge.

Industrial hemp was grown by Russians who founded a small colony there in the mid-1800s, but that failed. Actually San Francisco was in part founded by the Spanish to stop the southward expansion of said colony.

2 Likes

but when I hear humboldt its weed and not the food in the store. LOL I dont shop at whole paycheck, they probably have humbolt. All the veg here is from canada or mexico

Yeah we agree. And the county probably wants to protect their tax revenues by keeping growers there… it’s not cost effective to grow in Humboldt vs. Salinas, Iowa, Florida, etc. But they have their “Grown in Humboldt” appellation that will keep value as long as it’s viable in some way to grow there. Hemp would throw a wrench in that

2 Likes

13 Likes

Bro I’ve heard from dozens of pot growers that if you grow hemp in humboldt or if you grow males for breeding in general, you might as well dig yourself a nice hole in the ground too

8 Likes

I’ve been to many Humboldt farms that had males and their own breeding programs.

1 Like

This might be in your top 5.

2 Likes

Well we could invent hypothetical scenarios where it would be absurd and dangerous to do it the other way. You grow some poisonous plant that pollutes the groundwater into neighboring properties. Everyone in town dies. Of course that would have to be banned. Of course it’s important to think about slippery slopes but you can kind of prove any point in the world if you get too hypothetical.

2 Likes

You can technically grow hemp in Humboldt, you would just run the plants through metric.

2 Likes

Is it criminalized? Can you go to jail for growing a few hemp plants Or are they simply not issuing licenses to hemp companies? :man_shrugging:

Which scenario that has been mentioned is hypothetical?

It’s easy to get a huge legal plant count with hemp, not so much THC. Who is going to risk a giant illegal hemp grow?

1 Like