HTE vs Native Terpens Pens?

What carts will you be filling with? Have you tried iKrusher’s stuff?

I work for the company, if you’re interested in getting some samples I can hook you up

I thought this was the hte vs steam terps showdown. There is nothing special about botanical terps. They are baseline.

On to hte vs distilled hte/steam terps:

Hte is expensive and has to be blended in at higher ratios to match the same flavor intensity of pure steam terps. There is less volitiles in hte, its science.

Hte will have really good sweet flavors but unless you got a planetary centrifuge and a big boy syringe pump, you will have to utilize heat

4 Likes

By planetary centrifuge do you mean dual asymmetric? That’s what I’ll be using.

2 Likes

I don’t know what carts they use specifically, that’s on the packaging department to deal with.

1 Like

I understand that you can color immediate distal it but I’m trying to understand how you’re saying you’re going to color remediate HTE without destroying the Terpenes ?
How is the guys some kind of a beginner I have a lot of experience at my level but there’s a ton I don’t know

2 Likes

We aren’t CRCing distalitez (yet) this is just plain full spectrum oil (crc +closed loop Extractor). Where the terps come from. Crc not gonna destroy ur terps…just polish the color up or grab it all.

I suppose if one didn’t wanna decarb you could crash the CRC oil into terps and diamonds then keep the terps(hte) and use just hte in carts

I found a long time ago live resin and hte(unless added to disty) are over rated for carts

3 Likes

Objective the post was to have a discussion between what one supplier expressed was equal in quality of HTE vs Native Terp single-sourced blended with distilliate.

There also wasn’t any other posts that explicitly described HTE Pens and Native Terps, unless it was synthesizing them and I wanted to know what the different tasting profiles were.

the conversation is evolving far beyond my expectations.

3 Likes

My bad

2 Likes

There’s no bad or good, there’s just what is. The only bad posts are the one not asked as this not just for me. There are many people on this post and it’s quite informational

I just got off the phone with one of my partners and his HTE card recipe right now the offer is 2% of the company for him to show them how he’s doing It.
He has the best carts of all of my connects by far. And he’s tought me everything 5hat I know about cartridges

4 Likes

Hte cart recipe?

Hte raw into cart? Done?

1 Like

What ratio would you use mixing hte&distillate? I have a decent magnetic heated stir plate? Was actually looking at some nice sauce yesterday thinking I might mix some up

1 Like

It depends on the hte. Some sauce is terpy, some is more thick and oily. The thinner the hte, the less you need to use. Some hte can be underwhelming and will need extra. You can start as low as 10% by weight but you can go higher. Some people put straight hte in the cart and just fill as is.

I dont reccomend heating sauce on a magnetic stir plate because the time needed to mix after adding the hte. Sometimes it will discolor if there are a ton of waxes. You want to have the least time exposed to air possible.

4 Likes

Wow planetary centrifuges are just a little more expensive than my stir plate by about 4500 lol. I was thinking very low heat with lid on mason jar. Maybe I’ll do a small run, if I screw the pooch my friends will be happy with some free ugly carts. Thanks bud!

1 Like

You can do a small run with a handheld scrilogex or other handheld homogenizer! they take a little less time to heat. They can not do massive batches (anything over 60 g) but they got their place in the cottages of the industry.

It would take <5min to heat a steel beaker with 54g of terp with a heat gun, blend, and pour into your res. Probably another 5-10 minutes to fill and cap. After that, you can chill them, and in the same time you would have had to mix (15~50 minutes).

I don’t argue aganst magnetic stirrers for fun man. People will try to hurt your feelings about it too :rofl::joy: What can I do? The better mixing options are more expensive. I tell people to buy their own. I don’t got a pony in the game other producing better pens. And honestly, unless you are working with delicate components, all homogenizers save is time. And make complex blends of more than 2 components easier. And improve flavor.

Not everyone is doing 2000 a day. But I can guarantee you everyone doing 2-5000 a day that runs lean has their mag stirrer off to the side while their wooks are nuking the material off in the kitchen microwave. It’s hard to compete with a 3 minute heat and a 45 second mix. Only the hourly wooks appreciate the mag stirrer. It gives them time to check their phones. The second you pay them per cart the game changes.

14 Likes

I will be ordering the scrilogex asap! I sit around and usually read stuff on this site while the stir plate takes a decade to heat&mix.
People really put distillate in the microwave? I would be petrified to ruin it, the stuff doesn’t flow like water out here… I would be thrilled to do 2000 a week lol. Good advice man I appreciate it!

It depends how its packaged

there are 4 methods: radiation, bath, convection and infrared. These nations lived in harmony from fastest to slowest until the heating belts attacked.

Heat belts are the catch all set it and forget it solution.

1 Like

What this heater plate that costs $4500 :rofl: ? Link for it? really wish people would insert more links so I could see what people are actually referring to.

It costs 10k

1 Like

Oof, China makes dual asymmetric ones with 2x 450ml capacity for around $4k. It’s the purchasing manager’s plug, so idk what groups/facilities he orders from.

Edit: I should note the thing I’m talking about doesn’t heat up. I pop the container in the oven at 50C until it’s warm, then in the 'fuge at 650-900 rpms for 10 minutes.