Hte vs cdt?

I have a couple questions

1. Those real live resin carts only use hte technically if they wanted to they could use cdt but they are usally HTE?
  2. To have real terps in a sense of “natural flavor” hte is the way to go?
  3. I know ones is yellow and has butane ,I’m pretty sure you need more terp becuase it’s not as Concentrated as CDT is that true? And if so what formula
  4. Some one said cdt will never be close to hte Becuase it’s way diffent ball game “in that sense” could you mimic if?
  5. Any tips and tricks and also pricing difference and major taste difference or all and all. What would you use and how much and why. I wanna use cdt or hdt but poeple just love that hte and it’s just not readily aviable. I know some fire cdt hdt company on here.
    I just wanna really know if cdt taste like or close to hte. I know hdt is just hemp and it’s very hard to mimic even just cdt
  1. Some only use HTE(best pens out there with exception of melted diamonds and hte) alot are distillate and hte mixes.

2. Yes

3. No if its good hte itll have a better/more full profile than cdt although pure cdt will add a much stronger flavor profile that doesnt necesarrily complement

4. It likely can be down the line when testing goes beyond the terpenes as other compounds are giving the desired taste/smell we look for.

5. No cdt does not taste close to hte its not nearly as enjoyable and usually smells/tastes over concentrated, usually harsher than hte in my experience as well

2 Likes

If you want your cart to taste dank, use HTE/live resin/basically any terpy concentrate at about 30% with the rest distillate. Decarb after mixing with distillate to retain volatiles under heat. You can use more live resin if you want but using half or more distillate just makes it ridiculously easy to create a uniform mixture free of crashing. The exact amounts depend on the cannabinoid content of HTE but you can always just do some trial and error to meet your ideal flavor/viscosity.

If you want to stand out, add 1 maybe 2% tops of your preferred terpenes to throw off the flavor in a unique way. All the user will taste is the dank hashy resin but a hint of fruity, citrus, or pine on the exhale can make it a little less predictable. Something like 1% terpinolene, or 1% fruity terps, or if it’s in your budget 1-2% steam distilled CDT’s can enhance the flavor slightly. Too much here and it defeats the entire purpose of using HTE in the first place and will get perfumy/fake tasting. Goal is to keep it as subtle as possible.

I could go on all day about why HTE will always taste better than isolated terpenes but I sound like a broken record on here lately. Basically you lose a lot of good stuff while at the same time you concentrate a lot of other things too much. A lot of the important aromatic compounds degrade more aggressively/evaporate off when they’re not diluted in oily cannabinoids. So all the ratios go out of whack and it doesn’t taste right anymore. This is why so many people are disappointed in modern day CDT’s. Separating cannabinoids and terpenes just causes too much strain on the flavor composition. The only reason steam distilled cannabis terpenes even exist is because THC is federally illegal and it’s all anyone can sell on the internet.

9 Likes

HTE really carries the true flavor of the extract into the carts. The thickness of the HTE depends more on how much thca is still in it but that can easily be adjusted. The bigger jar here is about 50% terps while the other smaller one is about 35%

6 Likes

Or fats!

1 Like

Your saying the thick one has more terps ?

2 Likes

More thca

3 Likes

Have you found any sort of cartridge that can hold this consistency of HTE without cutting it with something?

I love smoking stuff like this and have tried putting some batches that won’t crash into carts but I’m having a huge failure rates. I would consider it sacrilegious to cut it with distillate

1 Like

“cut” with “liquid diamonds”…

2 Likes

I suppose I left myself open for that answer by not including it…guess it being obvious doesn’t exclude it.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to comment however changing the mixture is always possible. In some cases certain strains come out so terpene heavy it would actually require sourcing diamonds from separate contracts to mix back in. Also diamonds are still fairly popular so it’s counterproductive to mix them back into a less popular and cheaper product especially when no one is complaining about potency

1 Like

there are other sources for THCA isolate than what one would traditionally call “diamonds”.

you ARE looking to cut. THC is ideal. that’s OBVIOUS.

from there you’re on your own. I’ve given up pinching nostrils

3 Likes