HPS, led , CMH, or quantom boards?

CMH all the way
I’ve been running cmh for almost 3 yrs now, and kill it every run.
3 weeks before chop

6 Likes

Now of someone could sway me to the dark (led) side of things, I may entertain it.

2 Likes

@ExTek90 So you have no idea of the grow environments of product you buy outside of your facility? Way too many unknown variables to say it’s the lights. Great hearing about the higher terp production in house!

@Demontrich What did you light with before CMH? Herb looks great!! 3 weeks from chop, but how long they been flowering? It just looks like a lot of money running up; in-line cooling hoods, bulb replacement, ventilation to run.

Just know a lot of gardens shutting down due to cost of high intensity lighting, MH/HPS. Not saying one is right or wrong, just like hearing experience.

2 Likes

Once I get my system up and running I’ll try and sway you :smiley:

Problem is I keep buying extractor parts instead of light parts :rofl:

5 Likes

I went from 3x 600 (1800w)hps pulling 3.5lbs and $900.00/mo power, to 4x 315 (1265w) cmh pulling 3.5lbs and $700.00 (avg)/mo power. I have my grow dialed in, co2, and top shelf strains.

I would need 3-4 led units to cover a 5x13.

1 Like

I know a decent bit about the other stuff. Most of it is greenhouse, some is greenhouse hybrid (they use HPS/MH to supplement,) and the stuff we prefer is indoor HPS/MH. None of it is “organic.”

The few times we got LED bud it was very low yield, I don’t necessarily attribute that to the lights, but, I wasn’t impressed.

1 Like

if anyone is considering LED, make sure whatever you go with has good diodes. Look up growmau5 on youtube and get some of their knowledge when it comes to diodes. You can get cheaper boards and/or strips with good diodes.

3 Likes

So very true!
Fluence lights are powered by Osram LED diodes. German based company, been around for over 100 years. Great light, great product.
One complaint on my Fluence, as of now they only offer daisy chain capability for large facility, ~50 or more lights, on the Spydr. :expressionless:

Hate seeing this, but recognize the prominence of salt fertilizers in the ever growing commercialized industry.
Fluence pushes for indoor cannabis cultivation. I expect nothing but dense aromatic buds when the times to cut back comes.

where do i find “official” phillips bulbs for $75 good sir?!?

1 Like

I will be running a side by side with 4 led’s over two 4 x 8 tables and 8 DLI 315’s over two 4 x 8 tables. I will post a grow log thread in the cultivation section.

8 Likes

I have about 20 new/unused spare 315 942 and 930 bulbs if you need one asap. I like spare equipment. Plants dont care if a bulb is. Burnt out, they NEED the light

https://www.zenhydro.com/philips-master-color-cdm-lamp-315-watt-elite-agro-3100k-full-spectrum-12-cs.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAk4XUBRB5EiwAHBLUMUH0u4Zie934i7XH2d-F3tm-tNIgGl2ip7238a8Npnqz7mgiJHz92RoCSlEQAvD_BwE

Please buy the correct style bulb for your application.
T9 (single glass jacket) bulbs can ONLY (safely) be ran in a sealed or a/c hood
T12 (double glass jacket) bulbs can be used in vert, bare bulb, open, a/c, or sealed hoods.

The outer jacket of the t12 is the safety feature in case a bulb explodes. It HAS happened before (icmag, search screen name of hammerhead).

The t9 bulbs can and will emmit more uva/b than the t12. So be prepared to wear long sleeves, glasses (always wear them under any light), and if you have panda on the walls and floor, the uva/b degrades the panda film, and thus will tear super easy. I swap out my lower walls and floor every other flower cycle.

And then20k and 30k life rating on the bulbs is a JOKE! Swap them 1x a yr.

3 Likes

I just run white walls as the reflection is only a few % points from Mylar. As far as changing out the bulbs I would recommend two cycles and swap.

2 Likes

hey there demontrich…u mention switching old HID hoods into CMH with the proper adapter…i went down that path and became curios when i saw a 630 watt dual ended CMH bulb that claims to go into any existing DE ballast … any knowledge or experience here? Growers choice is the brand of the bulb…im thinking if i have nanolux DE ballasts that i can simply put in CMH like this “growers Choice” claims but i don’t want to take the $ risk if people such as yourself know a bit more…thnx

I’m not positive on a direct de replacement.

All cmh run on a square wave frequency. All other ballasts do not, they run on a different frequency.

It may work or may not work, I cant say 100%.

anyone tried the new gavita 1700s? I am curious about how they perform compared to HPS lighting. I currently run single ended HPS in a lower ceiling room and the gavita DE 600/750 flex in a 8 foot room. Thinking the 1700s could be a good option in my lower ceiling room to swap out for the single eded HPS. In my experience the single eded HPS have been the best performing lights for me I haven’t hit the same yield per watt using the DE 750s as I have using SE air cooled HPS. The LEDs seem promising in their ability to yield more per watt but haven’t seen too many bigger ops running them.

I was gonna swap out 4x 315 cmh for 3 1750’s but my buddy ran the 1750, but went back to cmh. He was not happy with the 1750 yield at all.

Im.all about cmh. With a properly dialed in room, 14oz is easily attainable (top shelf, not just weight junk) per 315 light.

1 Like

Can you give me some insight on your setup as far as which models you’re using? bulbsss? I didn’t know MH were popular for flowering.

What’s the sq. ft. in that flowering area dude? and that’s 4x315 CMH? Do you use a specific spectrum bulb? :heart_eyes:

Phillip’s bulbs only! They tested and beat out of every cmh bulb last time I checked. With 1 exception, ushio beat Philip’s ONLY by 1.4um uv.

Big kahuna hoods
Cmh adapter
Philip’s 942 bulb in veg, 930 in flower
2x 942 in veg, 930 in flower
Prism ballasts (Philips knockoffs)
Co2
Net is strongly recommended with cmh.

4 Likes

Why on earth are your power bills so high? I know this is an old thread, but fuck sakes bro. What’s going on there?

1 Like