How would you guys handle a company that is posting lies and defamatory claims about you and your products?

I noticed on IG that a company was posting false statements, and claims that have damaged our reputation. The company has accused of us being theives, and has stated that we are scammers. There is absolutely no evidence to their claims at all. In fact, they were doing this as a personal retaliation.

They even went far enough to have some of their followers, post comments on our page and steer our customers away from them.

I am looking into possibly filing a lawsuit against the company for Libel, Defamation and tortious interference. Do you guys think its worth it? or should I just move on and forget about this? Is it normal in this industry for this to happen?

2 Likes

If this is the hemp industry. Perfectly normal business practice. Thc. Not as common but there are some fuck boys here and there.

Blame steve for practices like this

21 Likes

you’ll get more satisfaction and it’ll cost less if you just piss in their gas tank

16 Likes

Is this about you making products with “hemp seeds and hemp seed oil” in candys?
That sounds kinda bad on the surface and really scammy tbh.
From what I know the only legitimate reason to do that would be if you are trying to secure a trademark by using similar ingredients to what you will use eventually down the line.
I wouldn’t worry too much about them

1 Like

This steve guy scares me. I heard he shut down the whole Delta 8 industry

5 Likes

No its about something else. The hemp seeds and and hemp seed oil in candys were gonna be like a cough drop thing. We were gonna have a line of hemp and ayurvedic herb candy/tarst, but nothing CBD related (since MR.FDA doesnt allow cbd food :frowning: . They were mainly for sore throat. But we let that Idea go since we were having trouble sourcing the ayurvedic herbs we needed. We have something else in the works though, and I cant wait to share it hopefully by the end of the month or next month .

Its just really heartbreaking to see another company do this though, but I guess theres always gonna be a few bad apples everywhere

2 Likes

Also I am not securing a trademark. I thought recipes cant be trademarked?

According to my TM attorney, if you are trying to secure a name of a CBD product you can create the product with hemp seed oil to fly under the radar and give it a better chance of getting approved. This was a few years ago though

1 Like

I believe that was the DEA. I wasn’t aware of him being a member. Of course maybe he was!

4 Likes

lmao, you come over here from reddit or what? If anything shut it down it was 3chi’s hundreds of thousands of dollars of ads in mainstream media and a lack of age controls, that and the federal governments tendency to overreach wherever possible

7 Likes

This could be the infamous @SHITLabman your conversing with, account is apparently BRAND NEW.

3 Likes

it’d make sense he wouldn’t wanna do business under any of the previous names that we all know now

2 Likes

And I’m 100% he want use political references, to easily spot him

Post a link to the IG posts.

If their claims have any validity, use it as an opportunity to adjust your business practices so that this doesn’t put you out of business.

In my experience, companies that do well by their customers and their employees will by nature attract all kinds of attention, some of it will be negative. But “fling shit at a wall and see if it sticks” applies here, if the wall is made of shit, it’s gonna stick.

The legal route is an option, but only if these guys are consistently hurting the bottom line to an extent greater than the cost of legal counsel. And taking legal action can further ostracize you in the hemp community.

5 Likes

do you guys think its still gonna be shut down or no? It seems like delta 8 is still business as usual. I wanted to get into it but it seems like a huge risk

Wait, are you saying im steve?

3 Likes

He probably means the guy flaming you. It seems steeve has unfortunately become the future boogieman. Anyone hating is a steeve

7 Likes

I personally dont know who you are…or what your intentions here are but its plausible, in my :eyes: sorry

Suing someone over social media isnt worth it

4 Likes