How to turn "Shatter" into diamonds/sauce/distillate/anything I can sell?

Well I guess everyone has their way of doing things. I work with butane and filtrations pretty much everyday. I do it in a very safe manner, what I’ve realized is that due to others not doing things right and having accidents has scared some people into using solvents a certain way, obviously diaphragm pumps and cold traps are required. I know people that don’t do diamonds via pentane re x simply because they are scared of pentane. I always say “if your scared go to church”. Do you bro, no one has to follow no one’s advice as im sure cyclopath is smart enough to know what to do and what not to. But yeah man right on!

Edit: using a closed loop to remediate this problem is overkill, I’ve had this problem and have gotten my oil and thca recovered this way no problem. Has anyone else aside from cyclopath had this problem and fixed it?? Sounds like a bunch of opinions being thrown when I’ve actually experienced this and fixed the problem. But like I said y’all do you. I’ll be more mindful when sharing my advice online.

7 Likes

I’m sorry but never should you advise someone to use butane outside of a closed system even if you are in a c1d1. Just because you haven’t hurt yourself yet doesn’t mean it’s not an accident waiting to happen.

Forsure

1 Like

Butane or bust

2 Likes

I think offering advice without FIRST stating all the safety precautions that absolutely MUST be taken into account, before recommending a path of action is hugely necessary.

We’ve seen plenty of butane accidents online, we’ve lost forum members to lab explosions.

There are as many (sometimes myself included) stupid people are there are smart on this forum.

I think recommending the safest route first, should be paramount.

Make everything idiot proof, or idiots prove themselves.

4 Likes

idiot proof is a misnomer. They can always build a better idiot

6 Likes

Jesus fucking Christ bro, are you guys done or are you finished? I’ll write a god damn SOP to make you guys happy. I’ll include gear, ppe, sds sheets and all that good stuff.

Edit: if I didn’t give details it’s because I feel the OP is smart enough to know what’s up.

4 Likes

For sure, I don’t doubt your intentions, nor the appropriateness of your reply in reference to @cyclopath

Just a general reminder that in a public forum you’re not speaking to 1 person, you’re speaking to hundreds if not more, and it’s awkward when they blow up.

3 Likes

Gotcha, right on bro.

3 Likes

I would just redissolve in butane or pentane, and then put it through a 0.2 micron filter. I don’t see how anything smaller than that could do any harm.

11 Likes

I just don’t understand the point of ever going that route. Danger aside, you can dissolve using butane much easier using heated jackets and solvent than you can just mixing together in an open setting. If you are already dissolving it inside a jacketed closed loop, why pour it when you can easily use nitrogen to push it through a filter and then easily recover your solvent and have your crude oil.

The danger behind it just adds to the fact. A flash point is the temperature a chemical reaches when it will put off enough vapor to cause a fire or explosion. Butane is around -60 flash point at atmosphere, Propane far below. You don’t want to breathe that in. As soon as you pull vac, the temperature for flash point and boiling point dramatically lower. This means you need a very very cold, cold trap to keep vapor that has condensed a liquid or risk vapor slipping into your pump which will then be discharged out the exhaust and back into the room.

So then you have to decide if you want to go slow and not pull vac, or pull vac and have butane in the air.

Or you can just dissolve it and filter it in a closed loop safely. Which to me seems like the only logical, safe and scalable option.

There are a lot of people on this site so I want to be clear, I’m not attacking anyone or trying to be a dick. I just know someone could easily read that, give it a go and then hurt/kill themselves or others.

1 Like

That’s dope man thank you for your explanation, I personally don’t need your advice. I do what I do and I don’t give a fuck. Fume hoods, diaphragm pump, regulator, cold trap and filtration setup. Do it right and you will not get injured. Have you ever even done some shit like that? I doubt it dogg, I’ve done R&D with many solvents, I read each sds sheet before using anything so I can know what the dangers of each solvent is, I know wtf a flash point is. I’m probably safer than you bro, I got my osha-30 cert and study it every year. I’ve used solvents such a as ethyl, propane, butane, heptane, hexane, pentane and ether. Chill the fuck out I get your point. I hope you get mine.

Edit: I’ve even tried your method and it’s a waste of time, over kill. Your going to stop production to do some small work on the closed loop when you can use other gear, go for it. Like I said I’ve had this problem and fixed it. Have you?

5 Likes

I love the way you approach a situation with the words you expel. You have people coming in for a door prize and have them leaving with knowledge they never thought they needed. You are the type of person that can lead a horse to water and make them drink too.

5 Likes

Yeah man, I’ve never used a solvent except butane. Can you please explain to me what a fume hood is?

You don’t know me I don’t know you, let’s leave it at that. Cool? Cool

4 Likes

Ah the good old days buchnering butane after a 24 hr dry ice crash. So much thca left in my “fats” lmao

3 Likes

ether ftw!

1 Like

11 Likes

Ethernet…something to remember when trying to catch the ether bunny :rabbit2:

5 Likes

After the beatings there will be carts…

See: Decarb under pressure to retain terps? or A Theory on BHO/Rosin Decarboxylation with Natural Terpene Preservation

1 Like