How to properly use a diamond miner / pressure vessel

Ive done crude melting tests a while back, was able to get and sit at 115c without melting, once I hit 130-135 they began to melt.

pics at the bottom for “proof”

6 Likes

it is if your dissolving THCA directly and not starting from a mixture, as both are recrystallization. The best and closest comparable is honey, its almost exactly the same as a high purity cannabis extract in the way it behaves in terms of crystallization, the main difference being the temp limits of the cannabis mixture regarding decarb.

4 Likes

i’m talking about initial extraction not a recrystalization.

I’m talking about both initial and reX, the reX being as easy as adding sugar to water and evaporating, and the initial extract crystallization being as easy and the same as crystallizing sugar from honey.

The point being the difference between what one has to do to alter the size of their crystal is not some secret or complex task, the tweaks to the parameters are the exact same between reX and initial and they are as simple and basic as it gets. Its all about saturation levels: solvent amount and/or temperature.

7 Likes

i disagree on the parameters being the same as initial and reX. One has terps and other cannabinoids in it. if you do a proper reX it should only be the compound your recrystallizing and both solutions are gonna have different sweet spots. but what do i know?

3 Likes

On your initial extraction, after the material column what do you pack your filter column with/assuming chromatography? Celite? Is it presaturated with your solvent? If that color is your initial and that’s “crude” you’re crystallizing then how do you get that transparent color?

1 Like

no seperate crc column. fire material run cold and fast. no chromatography no celite. fuck celite.

11 Likes

Has this all been passed through a crc

1 Like

I used ln2 to make fat crystals thats take the size of my container. Why is this?

1 Like

you made that water clear solution and grew those boulders in 4 days using no CRC? Then you my friend are legit one of the best ive seen. I thought for sure those stones were Crc’d

2 Likes

The ones above are fresh frozen crc yes. the other ones in the pics here are not crc. But thank you for the kind words.

36 Likes

Duuuuuuuude I need a miner

2 Likes

These were made in jars

18 Likes

Hello everyone I’m kinda new to all of this but have some exp of course looking to better my skills…Can someone tell me what would be best ratio of extraction to solvent to leave in diamond miner. Is best to have it thicker or pour wetter and close it up and let sit for a day at room temp or directly in the oven and at what temp is best. I’ve seen some people say 90f and others saying 75f to 80f. Is it best to freeze or not freeze solution to help the separation before closing up miner or jar and let it do it magic?

Thoughts on Indium seals for infrequently broken sealing surfaces? For our pumps we run Viton, and even though it only stays malleable to -40 it seems to hold well below that in static applications.

What does the line on the left represent? Temperature? You said higher temps = larger formations

What does the line on the bottom represent? Is the super saturation level higher on the left or the right?

I’m still trying to understand the technicalities of a Diamond Miner. My understanding is that any gas under high pressure will become and stay a liquid. So as long as my Miner is pressurized, the saturation level should remain the same. If I want to make it more saturated, I would vent some off.

1 Like

When you have the line in there that says glass/shatter transition, how exactly are you determining that? That being said do you believe there are specific temp and saturation levels that can produce shatter consistently with any LPG solvent?

So you mean a literal seed right?

3 Likes

Diamond = Seed

8 Likes

Which type of extraction?