How to properly use a diamond miner / pressure vessel

This is what I do. My best results have been with low pressure. I have gone as high as 120psi in @Killa12345 miners.

8 Likes

I don’t do high pressure on diamonds. I haven’t had to add any either. If you don’t have enough solvent for saturation, you can always add a little bit in there and retrace your tracks. Adding heat for pressure, may not be the best idea, depending on how much heat you are using.

15 Likes

People use the word cryo to mean colder than about -60 around these parts, not exactly accurate, but thats at least how its being used in this industry

9 Likes

you know as much as my grandma got annoyed by improper diction, she didn’t win that fight. I think language is meant to evolve over time. A lot of slang has been added to the dictionary so I think its inevitable that the canna community transforms the definition of cryo. unless there is a better word to use instead, who tf cares

6 Likes

So, for larger grain sizes, obviously you want to use lower pressures, higher butane contents, and longer curing times. However if your primary concern is throughput, and you want decent smaller grain sugar, and you want to separate it FAST, here is a great SOP:

Collect your fresh live resin into your miner. We actually run it straight into the miner with a hose. Run a tepid (80-85F) water bath if it’s overly liquefied, and reduce down some of the remaining butane if needed.

Seal up the miner, pressurize with 50-80PSI. Wait 48hrs. You should have fairly good separation after that point. Pour off in a well ventilated area.

Here were our results using that SOP with a 6" diameter miner.

29 Likes

Lower temps = quicker nucleation = smaller crystals

Higher temps = slower nucleation = larger crystals

If anyone wants to know the detailed thermodynamics, i provide that at a cost.

-Phil

74 Likes

Yeah well it’s technically incorrect by a long shot. what people are referring to is subzero temperatures. I’m well aware of what there referring to and everyone throws that word around when their temperature zones arn’t even close.

13 Likes

The correct term is subzero.

8 Likes

Your talking about a temp difference of -60 to -238 or lower so there is a big difference. certain gaskets, hoses, and materials are rated for certain temps so using that term Willy-nilly does make a difference to people who are not aware of that.

13 Likes

Subzero is below 0C.

Cryogenic is below -50C. “High Temperature” cryogenic is -50c to -195C. “True” cryogenic temperatures are -195c to absolute zero. -195C is used as the separation between “high temperature” and “low temperature” cryogenic because that is the boiling point of liquid nitrogen.

My sources: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/259596847_Vortex_expansion_devices_for_high_temperature_cryogenics
Cryogenics | physics | Britannica

22 Likes

out of the mine in 4 days. no extra pressure necessary

51 Likes

Correct, the average extraction is done from 0c to -90c around here. There are some of us that mess around with Ln2 and dip into the cryo range.

4 Likes

That’s pretty impressive crystal growth after just four days? What exactly were you doing to get them so large?

8 Likes

Just gotta get your saturation at the sweet spot. And each strain has its own. Some are better then others for sure.

15 Likes

people don’t realize most of ALL gaskets we use/have access too cant handle TRUE cryo temperatures… not many gaskets are even truly rated for -80c or colder…… most are for -60c and haven’t been tested colder; the manufactures ASSUME they’ll go colder because most are tested at -60c with 75-150psi; they assume itll go to -80c ---- -90c at lower pressures, yet its untested.

6 Likes

You can get facets in jars 100% just takes time and better quality material. This was grown over 3-4weeks of personal home grown organic material.

2 Likes

THCA falls out of your solution at -60 not -20 almost instantaneously, I’ll literally have diamonds coming into the collection vessel straight from my material column, I never add excess nitrogen into my pressure vessel the pressure from the solvent wanting to evaporate is plenty enough to start the “crashing” any diamond miner with out an adjustable PRV or any PRV is just making your crystallization take longer

28 Likes

3 days no cold crash just fire material. glass jar though no diamond mine

52 Likes

did u wash those ?

2 Likes

no

35 Likes