How to Build Multi-Million Dollar Brands -- Ask Me Anything!

Why didnt you post the days and times when i made those comments? :thinking: bottom line GOLDEN RULE

I didnt say he was lying…i was speaking in general…IF the shoe fits. I’m saying ppl KNOW what high quality is…but greedy folks like to cause confusion and deception. An educated consumer cant be fooled by all the b.s. I assumed he was speaking in general so i responded in general terms. Wasnt attacking him…i mean UNLESS hes one of those bs types. Decieve the consumer. IF its NOT the best product one can package up WHY is one selling it ?? Only reason is money. …IF your sole purpose is money dont play the “i care about ppl card”…be consistent. All im saying. Dont confuse ppl. Think about the ppl that never tried anything cannabis related and 1st time they try “ones” product…how would you feel IF you were “one”? IF your not confident and excited for them to try it…YOUR PRODUCT IS PROBABLY TRASH. Flat out

2 Likes

Im usually pretty positive individual but im triggered by my past experiences with bogus cannabis “finesse” types. If ppl want cheap bs…fine. Just be honest on the labeling. Say whats really in it. speaking in general…as i was when i responded to you didnt mean to attack you or anything…just in my area its FULL of bs liars in the cannabis community. If i only cared about me i wouldnt say a word. But i think about 1st time user or someone whos sick and needs help. Ppl sell em bs and dont care. Its wrong.
*not saying ur doing that…i have no clue what ur doing

1 Like

@covid-69

Damn dude, good on you for your success. Products and branding are the way to go in this industry. I myself am a product formulator, but I am not a branding guy by any means.

One of the things holding me back is that I simply can’t in good conscience release products that aren’t up to a certain quality standard. Most delta-8 products fall under that category. I’m not sure what your product is like right now, but I’m certain that a bulk of your early money has been made by selling an illegal product of inconsistent purity and advertising it as a legal hemp product to consumers. I just don’t have the balls to pull that shit off, but if you do, more power to ya. I know the gummy game has been a loophole for compliance regs and I definitely missed the boat on that one personally!

Right now I am working on large scale chromatography purification of d8 products. If you aren’t do that already, I would love to talk about taking your product to the next level (GMP pharma grade) if that’s something that interests you. Cheers :beers:

4 Likes

Damn son… this topic really hits on a LOT of what has made me disheartened with this industry, I even mentioned that to @Killa12345 in my last phone call with him, as I am a fresh face, a “kid” so to speak, I have just finally tooled up, and offering my service to companies, and the games these owners play, is abhorrent. Turns out legal weed just means that the assholes get to play in the light.

I have been on a site where LITERALLY they were just “waiting on the next investor” basically running a ponzi scheme to keep the lights on…

I have been jerked around, systematically devalued in the name of greed, I have managed to make some opportunity out of it, but its hard to not let all the BS invade your head space.

Especially when dealing with the people looking over your shoulder for answers to the test, I believe in educate your clients, 100%, but its not my job to set you up unless that’s the entire pre-requisite for the job, I can’t count the number of times a labor job, basically allowed for people to copycat processes.

This conversation has been comforting, and disheartening, seems like a common theme unfortunately.

Nobody wants to pay the piper, they just wanna hear the tune.

This is the only reason I perceive that my stay in the industry isn’t going to be permanent. If a bunch of dumbf***s just copy the answers, then where does that leave those that actually studied for it?

Also, @moveweight if you’re in SA again, lemme know, can point you to some dope food spots and hangout spots, thems is me stompin’ grounds.

5 Likes

Here right now enjoying my lunch. Raised here for 17 and lived 24 years of my life in the Alamo city.

2 Likes

Oh so you already know the big red barbacoa game.

Guessing you already know Eric’s Taco’s then. :rofl:

1 Like

S*** dude we probably know some of the same people. I lived there for 10 years, high school all that shizz. If we haven’t met you probably know an extended family member. I have 6 generations of family down there.

Feel free to dm.

By the way. I make $20-60hr here delivering food. So I know the spots :slight_smile: my side hustle in San Antonio pays more than most peoples careers in the weed industry.

4 Likes

@moveweight

F*** I’d be delivering food too if that was a thing. Will be sure to reach out when/if I can finally make it down. Play on playa.

2 Likes

Other people: Could you just give us your distributors, why and how do you do this? Just keep working.

Me: Like do I get something for offering you these things, and making you money?

Other people: “tHaNks”

1 Like

Just send them to to dig their own leads.

1 Like

Thats usually what I do, give them a jumping off point that suits where their understandings are, still requires them to study, but gives them a thing to work off of. I’m not a complete douche about it, I don’t like being an asshole. And I do believe that anyone with the tenacity to figure it out deserves the rewards from it.

I have really annoyed previous owners before when I tell them “you better start reading.” tho.

Short answers don’t lead to proper functional knowledge.

Like prime example, I know what isomerization is, I “get” it. But I don’t have a proper functional knowledge of what can go wrong with it, so I don’t touch it, I know that’s a fire I don’t wanna play with yet, because I know, I don’t know… and that leads me to understand I ain’t the dude for it. At least not yet.

But other peoples hubris, or just flagrant greed, causes them to reach for things, they don’t understand.

Before I got into doing this work I talked with people at the gas fractionizing plants to make sure I understood the processes behind solvents, worked with 2 physicists to help describe some of the reactions physics, multiple chemists, got my lil associates in Healthcare sciences to understand better physiological ramifications of what can go wrong, worked with neuro’s to get a better idea of why cannabinoids do what they do and how.

All that before I ever even considered cranking a handle. Because either I am a masochist, or an over thinker, or because I am a dolt who over thinks everything.

But people don’t see the journey there, they just see the dude cranking handles, and the byproduct, so immediately they get the wrong idea.

I’m still finding myself in this mess I am making I suppose, figuring out what’s fair between my and others self interest, that, is difficult.

1 Like

Also @moveweight great database tool.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to write this all out.

4 Likes

Since this is a business discussion I’d like to share with you my recent experience and maybe someone might get some takeaway from it. So, I own a small coffee shop and I was thinking about how to monetize it a bit more aside from the business that we already have… there is a POS provider ( Point of Sale System UK | POS Software | EllyPOS ) that made an advertising space on their smart pos system so every time the customer makes a transaction and is waiting for it to be done, the ad is shown on POS and you get paid for it. Lol, it’s genius and it brings us additional money. 10/10 haha would recommend it to a friend.

Nice spam bro

Tits or gtfo

7 Likes

I would love to chop it up with yoh. I make custom video flyers for hundreds of trappers across the nation. I love the marketing side. I’m from Kentucky

how did this all pan out? @COVID-69 are you still doing the same numbers?

2 Likes

Modest volume growth. Significant margin expansion.

I planned to grow faster but can’t complain.

3 Likes