How much to charge?!

I know, Ill quit everything and start packaging grams of shatter at $1 per also. wow you guys got it good. getting over 10% of total revenue just for packaging wtf

9 Likes

Sounds like BS

I pay 2-3 people 200 bucks to package a unit from slabs.

3 Likes

how long does that take them usually?

Usually 8ish hours. So they make 25 bucks an hour plus food smoke and drink

4 Likes

That’s about along what I pay at $1 per g

I have yet to find someone to do it per hour.

What sounds like bs? I promise you I’m paying these ppl that amount to gram up and cap carts and package. Grammimg out a unit isn’t a fast task. Like stated above it takes multiple people to finish the task in 8 hours.

Gramming out a slab putting it in the package and sealing is a huge task. I packaged 4 units before I was pulling out my hair and decided to outsource.

2 Likes

would it be possible to split up the slab prior to purging? Aren’t liquid slabs easier to distribute than solid ones?

3 Likes

Interesting.

No not in my experience. I was thinking of making some sort of press roll type thing to roll slabs to the same width and thickness then hopefully you could use premessured size to cut out grams

3 Likes

That is literally how we do it. It’s not perfect but it gets it really close if it’s not on point.

We just use a rolling pin and pieces of stainless that are the desired width around the edges. Sometimes heating the tray in the vac oven helps really with stable slabs

I’ve paid people around 40-50 a hour to do that. If you think about it, it’s chump change.

6 Likes

If they are supplying the carts and mixture than it really is a time game. Charge $15-30 an hour.

1 Like

Uh, no, not 15-30, lmao
A buck apiece is fair unless it’s your bro then he may pay .5 or .6
We did the math One morning, and actually figured the work was best done by us anyways because we wouldn’t want faulty work going to someone because someone else wanted to rush

2 Likes

10k …

You have to pay employees , rent , insurance , electrical and a lot of other overhead. I feel a lot of people don’t take this into account and you need to add up all of these elements to analyze price .

4 Likes

To cap and package carts whats that like 100 tips per hour? I have an employee fill, cap and pack and she can do 800 in a day, she makes 200 a day / 25/hr cash - thats 0.25 per and more than fair. So you’re saying that that job the person should be paid 800$ a day? 1000$+ if theyre not filling

2 Likes

I agree with @randlerimper there some overhead to account for in filling carts. I’d do $2-3 of they aren’t happy with that they can run the numbers and invenst In their own equipment and cart purchases. But I’d definitely get @qma setup, your gonna be filling carts faster than u can get rid of em, if u got the man power… $20/hr is what my workers are happy with, and I hook em up with the “fucked up” carts

4 Likes

You guys all need to charge those rates at the same time so I can get more business charging 50 cents :joy::rofl: thats 30 bands split like 2-3 ways… THATS why business picked up, yall got greedy :joy::rofl:

8 Likes