How much Solvent per pound of cannabis

Thank you . I’m running ISO and I try to keep my heating coils around 84.

5 is good
10 is better

2 Likes

Thank you. I pack socks and put them into a 4ft column. Will making sure my material is ground up make a difference of the type of yield I get?

1 Like

Honestly depends on what your running… anywhere from 3 to 10 depending on material …

Who actually runs 10:1? I’ve always ran chilled tane at 4-5:1 and I’ve gotten amazing results

5:1 for live resin and 10:1 for dry

1 Like

Ive always used a full tank per run. Maybe its not always completely full but my collection holds a full tank.

1 Like

Run it till it turns clear :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

I do regularly. Fire material often takes a little more solvent when running cold cold…compared to say…shit material.

6 Likes

see: Solvent to Biomass Ratio for previous exploration…

or Fresh frozen solvent ratios if you’re into that sort of thing :wink:

5 Likes

Variations are endless. Depending on your application and goal ultimately :innocent:

2 Likes

I did a run yesterday, ran the whole tank but It wasnt full. GOt a yield tht i havent weighed. I emptied the 2 lb 18 x 4 tube and refilled and ran warm today for gummies. It looks like i got a decent yield again. ill try and weigh both tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thumpers a g

1 Like

Just to be clear, it seems like the common consensus is a 10:1 ratio for wer and 5:1 to maybe 7:1 for dry? Is the reason we are not doing 10:1 on dry because of the loss that happens? Or would more be better for dry?

8:1 dry

1 Like

I thought 8:1 was the bho standard and 10:1 the eho standard

1 Like

I think you would want to grind it up to expose the most surface area and allow the solvent to easily flow out of the material. Though I am exposed to CO2 extraction.

1 Like

Also a great way to pull chlorophyll and fat.

Break your bio up when it’s cold and brittle. Fuck grinding

1 Like

3.14159:1: Diameter
Solvent:material:column

I got 33 grams on run 2. Thats alot of dank waxy gummies. it is quite opaque oil. Thats at 10-1 cold first run 10-1 again yielded 33 grams left over. havent purged or weghed the round one. I did cotton candy tech on round 1. id hate to spend all the time effort and risk growing it to just throw away 33 grams of dank hash oil that can make gummies that everyone loves and pays more for than flower. i just charge a buck per 40 mg approx but i know they are worth 5 bux. I did have a fiasco that may have left extra in the first round? I place a 1.5 fritted under a fitting with only a 1/4 orifice and it froze with water early and took a few mins to figure out. I got it taken care of thanks to VALVES. I can place the fritted under the crc but forgot about the orifice thing. Im still drinking, bu less. Soon Ill be less of a spaz but im taking it easy on my detox so I dont have to ever do it again. I recognize ehen im drunk now, thats one step. i had 5, on 6 and done.

1 Like