How much should hash rosin cost?

Reminds me of the wonderful Italians of boca and their fixation on hash. Rosin should cost 200 a gram then :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I feel like rosin should be the home hashmaker solution. If you really care and do it right, rosin can be fire, Iā€™ve made stuff that tasted better than any shatter Iā€™ve ever had or made.

Plus, itā€™s hard to blow up your garage with a wash machine and rosin press. People should be allowed to make hash at home, but, I donā€™t trust 90% of the people I know to safely make BHO.

16 Likes

I would agree. Never had a single rosin that could hang with the best hydrocarbons. I think with the extraction parameters being what they are using hydrocarbons (rosin will simply never be extracted at the temps hydrocarbons can) #allterpsmatter

10 Likes

(Black market) first of all rosin has to come from amazing material. Otherwise it looks like dark puddy that smells worse then the cold water it came from. Bho u have much more room to have mediocre material and it still be really good. On top of that Iā€™ve never been able to sell rosin. I donā€™t know what it is. Bho goes by the pack all day but cold water and rosin just wont move. And itā€™s not about price. I can drop the price and it still is hard to move.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting in my experience the best hash rosin Iā€™ve had is better then the best bho. Ever try exclusive melts, whatā€™s your thoughts on them?

6 Likes

Clearly you guys have never smoked good hash rosin. bootlegextracts, rosin_only, and Hashtronauts all on Instagram with hash that would smoke any of your hydrocarbon extracts out of the water. And this a minimal amount of hash makers on Instagram. Hydrocarbons do not compare to solid hash rosin. Never will.

12 Likes

Agree 100%

2 Likes

rosin leaves behind a ton of thca and has fats waxes and lipids in it. i have no problem with it except the price. More money for a lesser quality extract. it tastes great but enjoy the high off diamonds more. but to each there own.

15 Likes

I love me some really good rosin, but like I said most of it is really bad. And no matter how good it is it never moves for me. Iā€™ve had rosin that was clearly tastyer and lighter then bho at the same price and the higher yielding bho moves. I end up smoking all the rosin or giving it away for head stash to the homies. Wish it were different, I bought bubble bags, a washing machine and a 4 k sasquatch press and rarely use any of it.

1 Like

:joy::+1:t2: k. 200 degree F squishā€¦and you wanna claim the terps are anywhere in the ballpark of a -40c hydrocarbon extraction? Youā€™ve clearly never had good science. Lipids removed with rosin? Nah. Not happening with rosin. Take the same immaculate flower, let a bho ninja and a hashashin go at it head to head I know BHO wins ten outta ten times.

13 Likes

A lot of terpenes have boiling points higher then 180. Iā€™d much rather dab washed trichome heads that have barely been disturbed then dab bho. If the fats and lipids are so bad why is it rosin is so much smoother on my throat then bho?

4 Likes

Because the vast majority of volatiles aka terpenes are gone. Most proper hydrocarbons will be below the ppb level in solvents. However these extracts can reach 10-20% terpene content. To each their own.

4 Likes

It has to do with Tek and obviously raw material inputs. These products are very clean, and extremely tasty if done correctly, IME.

Much like hydrocarbon extracts, There are tiers based on process, quality, and/or consistency.
Dablogic, which utilizes Verdeā€™s in House flower, was doing rosin diamond tek in ā€˜16 and it blew my mind. Fast forward companies like 710labs have made a MSO model out of it. It requires heightened and guided marketing strategies and connecting with an audience, but they also do hydrocarbon extractions and would say they are more known for hash rosin.

Colorado has some great companieswho have a heavy retail presence. The products vary in quality because scalability is so hard. You must be vertically integrated or have a consistent and predictable quality/volume.
Lazercat, kushmasters,lieffa 710labs, Greendot Labs, Dablogic, and Oilio.
These products range from $30-$90MSRP.

6 Likes

Couldnā€™t agree with this more, Iā€™ve actually seen a few people walk in to a dispo and buy 8grams of $110 Lazercat. Those companies have almost a cult following in Colorado. Donā€™t get me wrong, they are probably wasting money but there are some companies here that do make excellent hash.

3 Likes

Preach

Jungle boys always has $100-120 primo in LA.

1 Like

I have been smoking hash for over 20 years 25 years almost.

I am Lebanese, thatā€™s all we make back home, our flower is too weak to smoke because of HAL the Lebanese focus more on the Hash making then the plant growing, They let the plant grow as it wants in the natural Lebanese Valley environment.

Since I came to California, I learned from Frenchy Cannoli, how to make Hashish.

It is by far the best way to smoke joints by mixing your Hashish with flower, The best way to experience a strain is when you smoke the Hash rolled in the flower it came from. Specially if your age the hash. Strain specific Hashish Joints. And you can have fun with this, like flattening the hash and rolling it to look like a blunt without having any tobacco in there!

Hash is by far the best expression of the cannabis plant.

Pressing the Hashish into Hash Rosin Has created a whole other type of smoking and psycho active experience, energy filled, even if you are dabbing an Indica Hashish, In my experience it gives me a boost of energy, like a cup of coffee in the morning!

Smoking Hashish mixed with flower, and Hash Rosin, to me are the endgame and holy grail of my Cannabis journey.

Are usually have a little buffet of dabables in my personal stash. I recently added some BHO batter, Shater, and Diamonds From an excellent source, licensed and they know what they are doing.

After a couple of days I removed everything BHO from my personal stash, I did not ultimately feel like I wanted it to be a daily part of my consumption even though they were very interesting and the batter was very similar in characteristic to dome Hash Budder and Rosin, but not the same.

If you donā€™t have good starting material, Donā€™t even bother to waste your time washing it and making hash from it.

When it comes to Hashish & Hash Rosin, Itā€™s all about the plant and itā€™s grower, what we do to make it is very simple and a beautiful ritual but not rocket science. The plant is responsible for the rocket science.

Long live Hashish & Hashish Rosin

PS Kief is not Hashish to us

8 Likes

I have so many friends that do solvent extraction as well as rosin bubble hash ect. I even have friends that do both . My friend grew outdoor gmo that tested at 34% thc he fresh froze it hashed and pressed it and made over 100k on 20lbs of dry equivilancy worth of outdoor only becuase he can get 55g wholesale for the rosin he cant do it with regular live resin . I personally think the regular live resin tastes way better over the rosin and ive tried all his flavors we actually trade flavors often . The live rosin is good just not as good as traditional bho live resin . Both a fire . The answer to why is one more smooth . You get used to what your smoking . I used to smone ozs of metly hash loaded with fats waxes lipids but it was super smooth to me very harsh to everyone else it was only cause i was used to it . Also terps can be a little harsh rosin has less terps than BHO . Sorry die hard rosin fans its not worth the 100g or 50g i dont even think its a fair trade or equal to bho imo

1 Like

We live a life surrounded by chemicals . In nature you canot remove heavy metals . Many natural things are bad . Oil coal ect are all natural are they any good ? In chemistry one can isolate , purify , cleanse and remove impurites . This is why science wins . It makes a clean product with the math and science behind it to prove it . If you want to be vegan , never wear shoes , and be chemical free blah blah blah go for it ! The life we live is so un natural and synthetic to begin you can not escape it . You can not naturally remove heavy metals and toxins . They are naturally everywhere . This is coming from a die hard organic famer who would like to be as natural as i can . I just hit a transitional point where i realized the most natural isnt always the best

2 Likes

Update:

I was wrong :man_shrugging: as I have been countless times before regarding the potential of cannabis. Over the last 2 months Iā€™ve had at least a dozen examples of top tier rosin that blew doors off its hydrocarbon counterparts. I stand corrected. Iā€™ll always love proper BHO but when rosin is dialedā€¦it really is a special representation of a cultivar. #upupandaway

18 Likes