How do I prevent getting distillate in the waste side

wait, this was your problem at one point?!?

im not sure exactly what youre trying say, but it sounds like youre trying to insult my boss. and if that be the case… i invite you to step out of this conversation. my boss has a masters in chemistry. hes one of the most intelligent men ive worked with. but when you run the number 2 company in your region, youre a busy man. these are smaller tasks he hasnt been able to take care of himself. thats why he hired me. im sorry you had a bad experience with an employer, but that doesn’t give you the right to be an ass. im here seeking knowledge. thats it, so lets keep it civil

I replied to this.

@XrangerX420X I’m not speaking of you or on you. Chill the fuck out.

1 Like

well, with respect. all i saw was a negative comment and no useful information to help me solve my problem.

did you click on the link when I first handed it to you?

(first response). not that there is anything else on that subject in the linked thread THIS time…but doing so would have revealed the attribution. which is more obvious below (well it was in the preview ?!?).

except that which was quoted. which IS quite salient to the discussion. and apparently a sore point for @anon88836658

No heat transfer in SS wiper after running crude with sugars

if you stopped transferring heat, would you be distilling?
what would that look like?

1 Like

Separation right here

1 Like

Raffinate

Edit:
Condenser @ 100C
Cold trap @ -50C

@31.7 millitorr…

2 Likes

Disty looks ok

3 Likes

DISTY_041322_Golden_Piedmont_Labs_04_13_2022.pdf (3.1 MB)
This is from the disty shown above. Today’s run went pretty well. Second shift is cranking out the same. Love it when a plan comes together.
I hope you figure out what went wrong @XrangerX420X

3 Likes

Why on the third pass(2nd cannabinoid pass) why do you go higher in vac then the 1st pass?

1 Like

Never noticed that, it’s backwards from the two polish cuts. Nice catch.

Here’s the updated file, its posted somewhere else on the site. This isn’t currently an active file, it was kind of a shell I used and edited as needed for consulting.

EDU001_-_Short_Path_Distillation_of_crude.pdf (280.6 KB)

3 Likes

That makes a lot more sense! Thank you!!

1 Like

I knew what you meant. Glad to see you updated it for others though. Fantastic sop

1 Like

Lol you know what on second glance I now realize that it’s a bit confusing written that way but on the original doc it’s supposed to be 1.0e-2 should be the highest vacuum you see and 0 (absolute vacuum, probably a dumb joke I put into the sop since you don’t generally see lower vacuum pressures than 1e-4) would be the lowest. Since zero is less than on this scale and all. Either way it’s right now I guess. Enjoy.

@XrangerX420X did you get it sorted out?

1 Like

Yes, I’m wondering too. Please update us when you can @XrangerX420X

Maybe they are like Beetlejuice

@XrangerX420X