How big do you want to go? How much power are you going to need? [Updated solvent recovery calculator]

Oh, look! Another calculator!

This one is a quick and dirty way to get an answer to how much power do I need if I’m going to extract X kg per hour in Y solvent at Z temperature and recover it using evaporative solvent recovery methods?

If X is big, the answer is lots, at least.

Here’s what it looks like for 1000 kg/hr of ethanol extraction. Full details and assumptions are at the calculator link above.

Here’s a way to take a stab in the dark at what lots means for your specific situation.

This one’s still being tweaked and prodded at, so I’m not handing it out as an excel sheet just yet, even if you ask politely.

Of course, we’re still looking for investors, so if you’ve got >=$100,000 in Canadian dollars or equivalent and want to make an excel sheet a condition of your investment, I’m sure we could work something out.

17 Likes

6 Likes

I realized I probably should have given y’all a snip of the actual math that’s on the second tab.

Choose your solvent, adjust the parameters on the input page, and here’s what it spits out for you.

4 Likes