How are people isomerizing cbd to d8?

Not necessarily to a powder, but they will always shed dust when mechanically manipulated.

1 Like

What happens if he puts mol sieve+more acid ? Or less mol sieve ?

Seems like the mole sieve spends a part of the acid catalyst.

1 Like

Using the sulphur method they did crumble up and when finished I had a cake of sulphury molsieves. Method we use now they donā€™t crush up in the same way. They just get pitted.

1 Like

It is recommended to rinse them with the solvent youā€™ll be using and dry them in an oven before use. But yeah Iā€™ve turned them into sludge as well spinning for 1i hrs

Thatā€™s odd. I always got a 50/50 mix of both isomers using aqueous hcl

1 Like

I havenā€™t witnessed any disintegration per se at shorter reaction times. There is some pulverization with high stir speeds. Iā€™ve never chalked that up to the effect of the acid as I see it without catalyst. A few others here have noticed disintegration in the presence of strong acids during long refluxes. My ptsa monohydrate runs are short, lasting 90-120 minutes. In that time Iā€™ve never had a bead turn to mush or go soft the way some have seen with HCL in a 24 hour timeframe.

2 Likes

Molsieves like bentonite clays are unpredictable in their content and reaction with reagents
In all the i stopped using them for certain acid s
It sucks to advise there use and have them
React and then not know exactly what happened in the pot
So be aware some times they are good but sometime they are not finding the right one for each reaction is a option but thatā€™s up to you

5 Likes

Agreed

Unless youā€™re testing your stuff and can tell thereā€™s no unknown isomers; solids in your boiling flask donā€™t seem to be advisable

1 Like

There are always many unknown isomers, Iā€™d say between 15 and 35 together. But most are fortunately at low levels.

Certain powders give pretty clean results, regarding acids, while being insoluble in cannabinoids. But of course, as @Roguelab wrote above, one need to know exactly what that powder is made of.

5 Likes

I would say that his ethanol it 95% then.

and I am comming to the same conclusion that you and rogue have dry is best for d9.

of course I had to find this my self as it is the nature of research sometimes its best

to test these things.

6 Likes

I never flame dried my glass but I use 200 proof etoh and got the same result as using evercleqr
Also tried anhydrous ether and hcl. Got a higher d9 that time

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been running IPA for electronics for the same reason as it comes dry.

but I think I shall try drying it next time to see if there is any effects to the

high afterwards.

I am beginning to think that the more dissociated the acid is the more likely you will end up with D8.

it may be alcohol is not the best solvent for this and something more non polar is.

I donā€™t like the idea of putting a write up with ether out in the world and I am trying my

best to stick to alcohols for now as I feel more comfortable with people with no

chemical background playing with it.

4 Likes

Letā€™s try with 2 methyl butane!!! It only boils at 28c!!

2 Likes

Acetone? Itā€™s already dry

4 Likes

nothing is truly dry even a vacuum.

the question then is how dry do we need it.

now going on rogues advice and I have come to the same ends that he told me I would

in the first place for the best generation of delta 9 solvents should be dried before use.

acetone is notoriously wet just for the record.

wet acetone will eat amine salts on washes too just as a note.

I am going too swap sodium chloride for calcium chloride in my synth and up the volume

so as to use it as a drying agent as well as a chlorine source.

5 Likes

go how ever you want.

pay attention to temp vs reaction time though.

20C either way is double or half reaction time.

though with non polar solvents there may be other parameters that effect reaction time

like the fact that acids will dissociate in alcohols but do not in np solvents.

2 Likes

Mol sieves (zeolites) have very interesting cataytic properties.

3 Likes

DCM. Is a good solvent for preliminary acid r en d yust to see how clean conversion go s
Basicly dry dcm dry acid place them in a flask and leave for 6 hours
Clean acid out

3 Likes

I love DCM but have heard of other beeā€™s getting cancer from prolonged use.

mind you though they were evaporating 10ā€™s of liters into the open air in an enclosed space

day after day.

though I would think smoking it would be worse so you must do a vacuum purge if using it

after reaction to make sure that there is no DCM left in the product.

another idea if you like DCM is to make your lewis acid in it like zinc bromide or chloride

by piping chlorine or HCl into the stirred solution of zinc metal in DCM.

A BIG PLUS FOR DCM IS IT IS NOT FLAMMABLE

5 Likes

Gonna need a ton of DI water I hate dcm for that

2 Likes