How are people isomerizing cbd to d8?

Aren’t you the one who tosses the boiling flask after each run? Or am I Mistaken

6 Likes

Not a bad sop if you’re using t41 and a small boiling flask. Getting the burnt clay out sucks!

Add a high BP ethanol soluble terpenoid as a distillation chaser :relieved:

1 Like

I’ve thought about limonene while the flask is still hot…

Lol i remember reading that too a couple months back im pretty sure it was demontrich lol

“I cant even get my residual goopnout of my BF from my spd run. How are you going to collect bulk weight? I just toss my BF in the bin when done.” Demontrich may '19 :sweat_smile::ok_hand:
Maybe it was gentle toss into the recyling bin, ive been following SOP wrong… My record is 76 pieces :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

LOL… Well so far boiling water and Alconox and scrubbing with a bottle brush will get the majority out and then after that boil alcohol through it to get the rest. There will still be a little bit of residue after that so if you want it super clean at this point you can run acetone on limonene

I bet ultrasonics would be good if your glassware is of the appropriate quality to not microfracture.

1 Like

Yes sir! I do at my personal spot. At work we soak amd clean now

4 Likes

Get as much out as you can during distillation. Leave the flask on the mantle at around 70c for a while to dry out the T41 as much as you can. Stick a rod of some sort in there and push the (now dried) t41 around to break it up. Pour in ethanol to rinse. For the last spots, back on the mantle with the stir bar, move the flask around so the spinning stir bar knocks the last of the t41 off. You won’t get it all out, but it will be plenty to do another run with some t41/t5 whatever…

I filled a boiling flask up to the line of the t41 in the flask with isopropyl alcohol and left it sit overnight. Next morning it was all in the bottom of the flask. Rinsed a few times and all clean again.

2 Likes

Does anyone have an SOP for producing D8 from cbd isolate others distillate? I can pay.

Preferably no D9 produced during the reaction (if this is possible) since I figure separating D8 from D9 will be near impossible.

Please DM me.

1 Like

If you’re using a 5l you can use this.

7 Likes

@Renchi I’ve been looking for something like this for over a year. You win today!

3 Likes

Nice. I’m glad I could help.

2 Likes

It put’s the acid in the flasket

6 Likes

Dat full full spectrum

1 Like

I have a high purity d8 SOP. DM me for details.

3 Likes

Sounds interesting @Ennui!

1 Like

If you’re using clay, you aren’t a chemist. If you’re using clay try again. There are plenty of ways that exist in process chemistry to close a ring and skin the cat, not one mech in real chemistry uses clays to close rings. It’s not cost effective and inefficient, either hit the books or quit selling shit.

16 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. These clay refluxes are destroying the d8 market. These producers need better SOPs.

7 Likes