House to vote on Marijuana Legalization Bill next month

What are your thoughts?

5 Likes

It will never make it through the Senate as long as Moscow Mitch is in charge. Remember, he’s the Grim Reaper.

8 Likes

Agreed it’s just window dressing before the election. There is a chance the dems could take the senate majority. Biden is actually against legalization, because it’s a gateway drug or makes you go crazy with man boobs, or whatever outdated propaganda he still believes. Idk if he would veto it or not.

7 Likes

Probably not. Keep in mind that Mitch wants KY hemp to succeed and federal legalization of THC is very far away from that agenda

3 Likes

I truly believe it’s window dressing for the Democratic Party to show “they tried”

8 Likes

You and Sid are both correct. Moscow Mitch wants Kentucky to be the “Greengrass” state instead of Bluegrass. I know cheap shot, I couldn’t resist. Anyway, yeah it’s also window dressing for the Democrats. At this point though, everything is seen as a political move, que no? I mean did you watch any of that crap on the tele last night?

More legislation from bureacrats always makes things better, right?

2 Likes

Being british I find U.S. law craziness.
State law and Federal Law.
All the different governors trying to push all different legislation.

If it were only for people to have personal use I could sort of understand, but when its a national industry with farmers and labs spending 100’s of thousands of dollars to set up they’re enterprises.
I don’t understand why a national vote is not arranged or federal law changed so a true medical cannabis industry can be set up from coast to coast, in every state.

It can only be down to money / control / power.
I genuinely hope that its resolved sooner than later for all your sake’s

:+1:

4 Likes

That’s why state Federalism is wonderful. You can have laws that specifically apply to your location that slows onerous federal government intrusion into our lives. Unfortunately, Michigan has an insane governor at the moment who thinks the nanny state knows what’s best for us.

5 Likes

I have never looked at it that way before.
All the different states vs the federal government
Some governors are pro people, some pro state.

2 Likes

Looks like it’s gonna wait until the presidency…
Hope nobody held their breath.

1 Like

we’d probably need a canna lobby for it to get any traction regardless of who is elected

1 Like

These things take time and lots of money.

2 Likes

yup. exactly how it got outlawed in the first place. great movie btw.

1 Like

We do have a formidable canna lobby comprised of former tobacco K-Streeters. IMO the two parties are just playing chicken, dragging their feet until they think it will give their party the maximum benefit. Or Republicans using it as leverage to pass a bill that’s getting blocked in the House - would be smart politically.

1 Like

yeah, everything is so partisan now if one side drafts it the other votes it down. content is irrelevant.

Well it might go through to help Trump’s numbers. It might not pass cause of Mitch. Honestly, I think they have no reason not to.

It’s all about the timing. When Republicans need a few easy points, they’ll expedite it.

IMO Democrats are putting too much weight into sole legalization on both the federal+state levels, not focusing enough on other issues. It’s too easy now for Republicans to say “ok we’ll legalize AND do ____, ____”

2 Likes

Fed mj reform is dead until after the election. Mitch spun it as the defund the police democrats are more worried about getting everyone high than they are the pandemic and the economy. Mitch is a fvcking genius when it comes to exploiting the ignorance of the masses.

He also thinks legalizing cannabis at a federal level will make all the hemp farmers in his home state stop growing hemp and start growing cannabis. Cause he’s a fucking rubbery looking piece of shit.

2 Likes