Hot vs. Cold Diamonds

So after hours maybe even days of reading and watching tutorials I’m still lost on 1 step of the diamonds process, what temp to leave the jar at? I see people saying as cold as possible while others say around 75-100° f. My question is what is the easiest tenp to form diamonds and also how strain reliant are diamond formation?

1 Like

As temperature is reduced, a solutions ability to hold a solute becomes less and less. As temperature is reduced, THCa will crash out, as the solution cannot hold that much THCa.

Temperature fluctuation is not required to crash THCa. You are simply trying to create a super saturated solution and begin nucleation.

4 Likes

Why do people use warm temperatures then I’m so confused

1 Like

Because, through our process, we do not need to crash on ice. Its so damn full of THCa, it just wants to fall the fuck out of solution.

6 Likes

Try it…

Both work.

7 Likes

This is my kind of explanation.

3 Likes

Cold/slow for bigger formations, put some crc/fire material in a oven at 90-95 and you can crash damn near all of it out within the day it was poured, usually sugar tho

1 Like

Going off of what og said, this is because hot = quick nucleation in many spots. (With heavily CRC’d extracts) Many spots forming crystals causes a fuzzy looking crystal that crashes into it’s neighbors that hardens into a puck of “sugar” vs few spots growing slowly leading to nice, large, solid, sometimes faceted stones. Concentration of THCA is very important, cold or hot. Also some strains just don’t like to crystalize well.

2 Likes