Hood Advice

We are not running a vaccum pump currently, but are open to changing our decarb method. Currently we are heating up mason jars. I have not asked,but I feel it may be a possibility to tap into existing ductwork.

1 Like

These are the ones I use. I would contact them and see what’s up.

1 Like

Decarb under vac with a cold trap or two. That coupled the the hydroxyls will be a win for sure!

2 Likes

Well my advice for your decarb method would be to use a small triclamp rig to contain all the smells and make sure to cool the unit down before opening back up to the atmosphere.

It sucks you had such a shitty experience hiring help. Did you alert the authorities that the guy took your money and ran?

2 Likes

To clarify, the rate at which a sample will decarb is unaffected by the pressure of the container the decarb process is happening in so what I was suggesting in the above post was to just decarb in a closed triclamp container and then cool the whole rig in the freezer before opening to try to get the volatile compounds to condense so there less smell in the air to begin with.

3 Likes

What would be the best set up to accomplish this? Currently we do not have a vaccum pump or any relevant glassware.

Could you possibly post a link/ photo of the set up you are describing. My apologies, this is definitely upgrading our current methods. Unfortunately, this guy is a very smart/psychotic con man. He made it clear that he now has basically a personal vendetta and has threatened myself and my business partner extensively. Its clear that he is unpredictable and dangerous so we have decided to let it go at this time. He says he plans to come to our space and cause more problems which could result in eviction.

I have a carbon filter and a hood that we built, our success is hit or miss. It needs to be surefire success because we can not afford another compliant. What closed container would you recommend. Mixing topicals is what creates the most smell, so we need to be able to fit our overhead mixer inside the box.

That carbon filter is cute but too small to do anything helpful. I’d use that in your washroom after a poo to be decent to your neighbors but your gonna need a bigger one if you intend to use it for your process…

3 Likes

Were these threats made over the phone or in person? Doesnt your lab have any sort of controlled entry? Where did you find this guy?

What do you currently use as a heat source to decarb?

Have you tried duct tape to stop those leaks?

Do your windows open?

I saw this, and kinda liked the hand truck idea.

4 Likes

One must first be seasoned before one can acquire sauce

DIY… Does that hood have a duct collar coming out of the top? Measure the flange coming out of the unit and let me know what you got.

1 Like

Alert the authorities? Fuck that shit.
Where is the op located? We can handle shit without the pigs

1 Like

They were made over the phone, and we do not have any controlled entry. I can tell this guy is BAD news, Ive been involved in robbery situations and know that police have little capability of providing protection and even less so to stop him from causing ruckus on the premise until its done.
Currently I have had to decarb at home in a pressure cooker with mason jars because my cooktop will not heat up the pressure cooker to temp and Im not sure where to turn.
https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Electric-Infrared-Compatible-Cookware/dp/B07HFC741Q/ref=sr_1_82?keywords=1800w+fast+cooktop&qid=1566823025&s=gateway&sr=8-82

Any chance you can provide link for this unit?

No, we would have to install a duct collar. Most of the framework is completed but I hired someone to bring it up to par and he FUCKED us. Current duct flange on my fan is 6". I also know 0 about anything handy.

Windows do not open and have not attempted duct tape. Apparently caulk is porous as well so the whole idea may be moot.

If all you are trying to do is eliminate odor, the air leaks are your smallest concern. You needa supersize that filter