Honeycomb tech?

I think the presence of extremely tiny crystals and a low content of terpenes is what causes that consistency. Same with the badder, its the presence of very small and evenly dispersed crystals that gives you that opacity.

I always had good luck using heat alont to produce that consistency.

2 Likes

There will be some oil left on the batter after each dipping, stir the batter before making another dip.

Are you pouring into a Pyrex then waiting until it’s stable enough to pick up and move onto a dab mat?

Or parchment paper. Pyrex works too. More cleanup and leaves a bunch behind. I also would usually make the crumble on parchment in the oven. It came out easier vs the dab mat. The bottom of the crumble would stick to it more often than with parchment.

3 Likes

My game plan was to pour into parchment, put it in oven under full vacuum for about an hour at 110-90F until it is stable enough to pick up. Taffy tech, then put into a Pyrex. Let it heat to about 140F in the oven untill it drys to a crumble. I dont need to preserve terps just need a dry crumble, honeycomb consistency. I’ve never tried the whip method but I’m interested and up for the challenge. I think my 1st attempt at crumble turned into badder because I pulled vac after taffy tech and didn’t let it warm up. This will be attempt #2 for crumble.

1 Like

Taffy tech is for rosin. Just stir it. You’re going to end up with the stickiest fingers in the entire fucking planet if you try and taffy tech trim BHO lol.

7 Likes

Taffy tek with stable, but not glass like, shatter works very well for cookies.

2 Likes

When do you add heat and what temp range?