Honey Cut/Clear Cut Ingredient Update

they had 3 I think the uber thick was the vitamin E

9 Likes

Nevermind the other thread addressing how medical professionals are starting to feel that this rash of intense lung disease going around is being caused by Vitamin E Acetate… Christ guys, don’t cut. If you can’t profit without poisoning your client, then just quit.

9 Likes

Agree, a cart with 100% tocopheryl acetate and another with 100% uber thick was exactly the same taste. Same with honey cut and the clear cut.

1 Like

I agree, although to be fair to TT there werent any cases of death or pneumonia symptoms with their liquidizer product, only once these Vit. E thickeners started spreading

So Uber thick is verified vitamin E ?

2 Likes

Agreed. No deaths or illness that we know of. But if every company offered mineral spirits as a diluent like TT did then maybe we’d have widespread illness worthy of the CDC getting involved. TT’s saving grace might have been that they’re the only company ignorant enough to sell it. We still don’t know what Viscosity is, and it’s still being sold by the 55gallon drum.

That is an ethics problem with one company. This Vitamin E bullshit is an ethics problem with an entire industry. EVERYBODY offers this Vit E thickener.

Now that the CDC is so deeply involved I don’t think it’s going to surprise anybody when the fed comes through with massive regulation. Stock up on carts. Stock up on terps. Stock up on packaging, cause I can see a ban or moratorium coming real soon until regulatory standards are set. The real kick in the balls for honest cart makers is that this was all avoidable. The practice of cutting carts is unethical even if the cut was safe.

It’s another case of greedy twats ruining the industry for the rest of us. We all saw it coming as soon as our states went legal.

7 Likes

Legal or not, your always going to have companies and ppl trying to take advantage of the end user.

Knowledge is key to making a quality and safe product. At least we have this forum as an Avenue to spread the word and call out the ppl who hurt/poison us.

6 Likes

“Vitamin Blend” cut??? As in Vitamin E??? :confounded: yikes

2 Likes

Not everyone using cuts was doing it to stretch the bottom dollar. I really wish everyone would stop grouping everyone into the douchebag corner. Cuts were a viable option for providing CBD carts that didn’t crash, and for a few of us thc cut carts weren’t made in an underhanded fashion. When I was of the masses I was doing it per consumer requests for products they could puff away on and get high slowly, or that simply wanted a weaker cart. Price matched potency, not a gouging tactic, a customer service tactic.

With all this I’m back to my original prediction, and when a better time, inhaling your cannabinoids is so barbaric. :wink:

5 Likes

For the sake of discussion, what’s in the remaining 25% that’s not CBD?

1 Like

My best guess is unidentified isomers and long chain terpenes, besides the 3.8% THC. It was distilled 3 times with no kind of cut or additives.

1 Like

What do you mean CBG CBC CBN additives?

Gotcha. It’s something I’ve been curious about since when we’re extracting for CBD most of us are using a whole-plant chop. I’ve had concern that when we make a distillate that’s 75-85% CBD, what’s the potential for the unknown portion to contain veg oil from the seeds and stalks? Are we making a product that shouldn’t be vaped at all despite not adding a cut? I’ve dealt with crude material in the past that had veg oil added to it, and even with winterizing it definitely ended up in the distillate (wiped-film). I’m not a botanist or chemist, so the knowledge base for my concern is certainly limited.

1 Like

I’m sure that primarily depends on the content of seeds. The stalks I would imagine are fine, the plant doesn’t do a good job of moving oil around, so i would imagine the only unsafe oils to vape would be in the seeds.

1 Like

Yep.

They’re in trouble

4 Likes

Thought this was pretty interesting… α-tocopherol acted as an anti-inflammatory on the lungs and actually showed a lot of beneficial effects in various ways BUUUT. γ-tocopherol was the exact opposite in every way and these are the two main isomers in the Tocopherol Acetate… They found that the γ-tocopherol negated all the benefits of α-tocopherol… So maybe a new “healthy” fractionated version of the cutting agent could be released? o.0 …

4 Likes

That seems to be the consensus.

Maybe a company separating them and selling off the safe a-tocopherol but needed a way to dispose of the unsafe left over y-tocopherol. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@sidco maybe we should merge all these concurrent threads talking about the same thing?

12 Likes
2 Likes