Honey Cut/Clear Cut Ingredient Update

Gotcha. It’s something I’ve been curious about since when we’re extracting for CBD most of us are using a whole-plant chop. I’ve had concern that when we make a distillate that’s 75-85% CBD, what’s the potential for the unknown portion to contain veg oil from the seeds and stalks? Are we making a product that shouldn’t be vaped at all despite not adding a cut? I’ve dealt with crude material in the past that had veg oil added to it, and even with winterizing it definitely ended up in the distillate (wiped-film). I’m not a botanist or chemist, so the knowledge base for my concern is certainly limited.

1 Like

I’m sure that primarily depends on the content of seeds. The stalks I would imagine are fine, the plant doesn’t do a good job of moving oil around, so i would imagine the only unsafe oils to vape would be in the seeds.

1 Like

Yep.

They’re in trouble

4 Likes

Thought this was pretty interesting… α-tocopherol acted as an anti-inflammatory on the lungs and actually showed a lot of beneficial effects in various ways BUUUT. γ-tocopherol was the exact opposite in every way and these are the two main isomers in the Tocopherol Acetate… They found that the γ-tocopherol negated all the benefits of α-tocopherol… So maybe a new “healthy” fractionated version of the cutting agent could be released? o.0 …

4 Likes

That seems to be the consensus.

Maybe a company separating them and selling off the safe a-tocopherol but needed a way to dispose of the unsafe left over y-tocopherol. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@sidco maybe we should merge all these concurrent threads talking about the same thing?

12 Likes
2 Likes