Homemade Nutrients: Hoagland Nutrient Solution - Good for Cannabis?

I’ve starting to dig into this world of indoor growing and I stumbled across a hydroponic guide that recommended a nutrient blend called Hoagland Nutrient solution and I wanted to ask you guys what you thought about this nutrient composition and if it would work for the following

Cloning
Veg stage
In soil (I’m going to start my first indoor grow as a hydroponic!..yet).

My goal is to just make this stuff my self, I’ve worked with a lot of these chemicals before, they are easy to get, and I have access to some scientific equipment to allow me to make precise measurements.

I’m very open to other nutrient compositions if you all have any, I ultimately just want to put something together that will be dependable and I can control my self.

3 Likes

Hoagland solution was the basis for modern recipes adjusted based on tissue culture analysis. Right off hand, it looks like the NH4+ is very high. If you fire up Hydrobuddy, I have had good luck with the “Tomatoes - Third Cluster U of Florida” from start to finish.

In that recipe, I pull the iron down to 2.0 ppm in my micro mix and add a good fulvic acid. Adjustments are done based on growing medium, VPD and how the plants react or tissue sampling.

If you have questions, some of the best growers in the world post here on F4200.

4 Likes