Highest throughput CLS for under 2K all included

Ps: Certified not necessary! I have demand for shatter diamonds and sauce but since I only currently have ethanol equipment I thought if I could get a good throughput on a CLS itd be worth a few thousand. Can someone give me an idea of what kind of rate we’re talking about here if I were to get a system that costs about $2000? Also what would you recommend. My main concern is throughput I could winterize separately since I have ethanol equipment etc. I’ve only ever done open blasting in my past. Thanks for any and all replies!

$2000 easily gets you in the door on a 5lb unit…the bottleneck i noticed in most systems is the solvent tanks. in order to recover passively and fast. You need a solvent tank with the adequate fitings…3/8 or 1/2". So far ive only seen the carbon steel tanks in 1/4" which causes a bottleneck in recovery.

now if your looking for an extractor and stainless steel recovery tank for under $2000. That might be a bit harder to put together. Id say you can get a 2.5lb extractor with stainless recovery tank around that price… no jacketed columns or collection.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. A few questions due to my naivety, don’t I want active recovery for higher throughput not passive? Also I was looking to include recovery pumps etc. in the cost.

1 Like

From what I’ve read from Members like @Dred_pirate and others stick to optimizing a passive system it’s cheaper and simpler

3 Likes

Well, Any deceit recovery pump is more than your whole budget. so how is that gonna work? Even a TRS is about 1/2 your budget…then your looking for an extractor for $1000-1200. Thats now down to a 1lb unit. which passively i can run every 1hr to 1:15 passively…thats full extraction and recovery. How much do you think active will get that number down?

You can go active or passive. the speeds are dictated much on the lines and your bottleneck.

Im not saying its impossible but your gonna be limited with a budget like that especially going active.

3 Likes

Thanks for the responses. Shows a green I am too close loop systems. I see the other thread now about rates of active versus passive thanks. I understand you may supply a CLS. I’d much rather have a 1 pound system with a color remediation column and be passive if decent rates can be achieved say 5 pounds a day biomass. I know I’m asking for a lot maybe I’ll have to throw in some more money!

you may want to increase your budget to 5-10k to fit safety, good valves, and color remediation into your little passive system.

7 Likes

Got a pic of your 2k set up? How much can you do in a day?